38. A Few Months Later

The next few months went by great.
The two of you went on many dates and adventures during times Oikawa didn't have to focus too much on volleyball.

You still had a bunch of girls glaring at you. You didn't know if it was the fact that you're dating Oikawa or the fact you two had been going on strong. Either way, they didn't dare to do anything to you. Including after you fought that one girl way back when. They really started to stop bothering you then, but still, they could drop the looks.

Eizen had stopped bothering you too. He would casually wave to you in the hallways but he didn't dare say a word, including if Oikawa was by your side.

You also ended up telling Ame, Arashi, and Oikawa the whole situation with Eizen. You didn't go into complete detail of the things he said. Just what it was about and that he ultimately was the one who ruined your artwork in the end. Oikawa was heated by this and immediately went to fight mode. Arashi was emotionless and still, probably because he didn't like talking about the accident. Ame was pissed and was about to throw Eizen's already bad reputation even further down the drain. In the end you managed to calm them all down. To you it didn't seem worth getting into so much drama for including since at that point it had been two or so weeks since you had last talked to Eizen.

You and Oikawa no longer argued that much, just a few things here and there but they weren't as intense or serious. In a way, you guys almost found them funny. He'd only get really heated when you told him to stop overworking himself when you caught him practicing after hours. You thought his dedication to volleyball was cute, but you didn't want him to hurt himself anymore than he already had. He would usually fight back but then would give in. It was tiring, but you weren't going to let go of the promise you made to Iwa either.

"Oikawa!"

"Don't use my last name!" He pouts. "Makes me feel like I did something wrong!"

"You are doing something wrong! You're overworking yourself again. We've been over this."

"Oh c'mon [Name]!!" He pleads, "Let me do two more serves!"

"I'm not falling for that again."

"Falling for what?"

"Two serves turns into five. Five turns into fifteen. Fifteen will turn into how many you really want to do and you'll continue to overwork yourself. So in conclusion, no. Let's go."

"The game against Karasuno is coming up! Please [Name]... I cant lose! Especially to Kageyama."

You sigh, "Oikawa... The Karasuno boys are actually pretty nice if you just allowed yourself to know them-"

Oikawa interrupts you by fake gaging. "No!"

"Plus... you're a good setter." You walk over and put your hand on his shoulder. "An amazing setter. You got this. There's no need to try harder to win a game that you basically have already won."

"You don't know we'll win... Karasuno is a good team too. I was very impressed with them actually..." His face turns into a panicky one because of his choice of words. He grabs you and pleads, "Don't tell them that though! I don't want them to think I like them!"

You laugh, "Okay, okay, I won't. And yes they're a good team but I believe in you. So come on. Let's go do something."

He gives you the puppy dog eyes.

"If I bribe you with milk bread will you clean up and go home."

"Yes!"