⌈CHAPTER 25 ⎮⎮ CHRISTMAS PARTY⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I had just gotten out of the shower and started to get ready. Lucy was almost done, she looked so pretty. I was actually nervous about going with Draco because it is a public thing and we've never done something like this so I did want to look good, I wanted to impress him.

I put on this short emerald dress I had. It stopped just above my knee and was a V-neck from the top, I figured I just wear black heels. I was planning to put my hair into top knot updo. 

"Are you meeting with Draco?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah in the common room." I answered.

"Blaise was just going to get me from here, but I can meet up with him there so we could all walk together." She gestured.

I smiled, "Thanks Luce, but it's okay you and Blaise can have your night."

"The dress looks beautiful on you." Lucy helped me zip it up.

"I hope he likes it," I blushed.

I started to do my hair when Blaise came to get Lucy. 

"Ready Luce?" Blaise asked.

"Yes!" I could see how happy she was through the mirror, "You sure you''ll be alright?" 

"Yes Luce I'll see you guys over there."

She nodded, Blaise then turned to me, "See you soon Esme, you look great by the way."

"Thank you." I smiled.

They both left, I was almost done and I took some time to just stare at myself. I really wanted this night to go good. I checked the time on my watch and realized I should get going now. I grabbed a soft black sweater just in case and headed out. 

I saw Draco wasn't there yet so I waited on the sofa. It made me even more nervous. As time started passing I was able to relax myself a bit more. However more and more time started passing. I checked my watch and saw it was 7:45pm the party started at 7pm.

I decided to go to his dorm and see if he was in there. When I got there, I knocked and there was no response. It was locked as well. Where was he? How can he forget? I checked the time again and it was close to 8pm now. I decided to just go by myself and accept the fact Draco stood me up. 

I figured I would go to the boys dorm and at least give it a try. I highly doubt it though. I knocked on the door and Anzac answered. Shirtless.

"Shit Esme!" He put the bottle he was drinking down, "I thought you were at the Christmas party?"

"Yeah I um- sorry I just wanted to see if... Draco was here?" I stammered.

"No? Why would he be here?" He was puzzled.

"Well it's close to an hour already and I haven't seen him..." I sighed, "I checked everywhere."

"Esme I'm really sorry I haven't seen him either," He sighed.

This was embarrassing.

Anyone could agree with me.

If he didn't want to go then he could've just said that.

"T-that's alright... thanks anyways..." I couldn't shed a tear in front of Anzac, how stupid would that be?

I started to walk away till he called out my name, "Esme wait!"

I turned around meeting Anzac's puppy eyes, "Come inside please."

"I don't want to bug you."

"You're not come."

I walked into their dorm and Anzac motioned for me to sit on his bed, it was hard not to look at him I wish he would've put a shirt on already.