⌈CHAPTER 39 ⎮⎮ FOR A FRIEND II⌋

*TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE*

⚠️

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Adaline Overed (POV)

"So you're letting him have control over you?"

"I'm letting him think that for now."

I smirked, "I can't believe you sometimes."

"I should've known you'll listen to our conversation through the door." Esme started laughing, "What do you think about it?"

"Draco is just being regular Draco." I said, "But he's different towards you I'd say you're the only person he- wants to be around with."

"He has a hard time showing that." She sighed.

"I'm pretty sure but you know we all have that."

"Yeah I suppose... so um Lucas."

I let out a chuckle, "What?"

"I mean how do you both do it?"

"I don't know... it's really difficult most of the time." I explained, "I know I make whatever we have sound perfect but it's really not its complicated... very complicated."

"Listen I don't think anyone would really care about you two."

"Esme I wish it was easy." I sighed, "Everyone is prejudice, the entire Slytherin house, my parents, our own friends... besides relationships like this never last."

"They can though."

I stayed quiet, I didn't want to hear her comforting words. It'll only give me false hope that a pureblood and muggle-born can be together in peace, no. There will always be some type of backlash. 

It hurt even more knowing that it would be from my own parents and friends. I wasn't going to lie to myself either but I hated what I was doing, I shouldn't be with a muggle-born.

"Hey can you um do a favor for me?" I asked.

"I'm always available for you what is it?"

"He's usually at the library at this time but I can never go and actually talk to him myself because then everyone will... notice."

"I forgot he's a Granger." She chuckled, "So you want me to be your... cover?"

"I was trying to not say that."

Everyone knew Esme wasn't prejudice, she'll talk to anyone even muggles if she got the chance.

"Just so you know I'm ready when you are."

I smiled and started to pack everything back in my bag. Esme left her stuff as it was and we headed out to the library. I felt nervous, this would be the first time that I would be in his presence in public and Esme was the only one to know about us.

We passed down a few aisles till I stopped Esme and showed her that was him. Luckily he was alone but we still couldn't risk it.

He noticed us approaching first, I gently smiled and he looked nervous and surprised.

"Hi..." I said lowly.

"Hey..." He then looked at Esme.

"She's not prejudice." I informed.

"Oh really?"

"We're all the same," Esme smiled and stuck her hand out, "Esme Ambrose."

"Lucas Granger."