⌈CHAPTER 60 ⎮⎮ SOLACE ⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

Juliet hadn't been showing up to Astronomy and neither has Draco. That changed today as I went to take my seat she was already next to me. Draco still wasn't here but I'm not surprised at that. I took a couple deep breaths before approaching my desk, trying to then move my chair the furthest I can from her.

She didn't say anything, usually she would say some unwelcoming comment but she was silent. It continued that way throughout the entire class. I forgot she was here till she answered a question towards the end of the lesson.

Once we were dismissed she dashed out of there, to be fair she didn't take hardly anything out. She seemed vey occupied and alone.

As I headed out, I was debating where I should go, that being my last class. I've been avoiding the library since Royce is always in there and I know I can't stay away for so long. I will have to go at some point.

Some point turned out to be right this moment. Perhaps he's not even in there today.

The library was more occupied than usual, I assumed exams were just happening at different days this year. My eyes fell on Anzac, who was looking for a book.

"Hmm astronomy too?" I asked as I approached him.

"Hey Esme," He smiled, "Yes I fucking hate it."

"It's an easy class."

"Yeah if you actually attend." He kept shuffling through the books, "But I feel more prepared since I'm studying two days before."

"Instead of actually going to class?"

"Precisely." He faced his body towards mine, "How was your potions exam?'

"A nightmare." It really was, probably the worst exam I've taken, "Now I have to complete a project and-"

I remembered that Royce asked me to be his partner for the big potion project before everything happened.

"And?"

"I- I was supposed to work with someone."

"Who?"

"Royce." I whispered.

"That git?"

"Hey!"

"I'm just saying, there's something off about him and plus you know that would kill Draco."

He continued, "He might not show it but you picking someone like that over him- he'll be hurt."

"I know." I murmured, Draco was a very loyal person and he demanded that back.

"You guys haven't talked huh?"

"Not really- I just don't want to talk about it." This wasn't the conversation I wanted to have with Anzac.

"Okay sorry darling." He rubbed my head, giving me a small hug. I knew though I should go talk to Draco. I have been meaning to but just thinking about the topic always sets an uneasy feeling, especially when all that's happened to him is what he calls 'normal' or just 'unlucky' it breaks my heart.

"Do you think you can help me with this topic though?" Anzac showed me the book and I believe it had something to do with Herbology.

"Wait- I thought you're doing astronomy?"

"Yeah well turns out there's a lot to do last minute."

"Anzac." I smirked.

"Esme." He smirked back, "You got to help me."

"I haven't taken herbology since the 5th year, I completed my credits for the subject." It was maybe my least favorite class so I just did what I was told and passed.