⌈CHAPTER 10 ⎮⎮ YOURS⌋

*time skip*

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It was a week after Draco and I had our little conversation. We still spoke to each other and he kept asking if I was ready constantly. I felt ready in all honesty but I don't know why I hesitated. I guess I was still scared to see how controlling he can be. 

This took a turn quickly after the news of Voldemort being back, I was never afraid of saying his name. From what Harry told me, he fought him at the Ministry of Magic. He lost his godfather, Sirius Black. I knew that hurted him so much. I remember comforting him once he told me. Ever since then I have given him space. 

It was time to leave Hogwarts again. I was heading to the train all my friends. Things were about to be different. Very different with everyone. I told myself I was ready for it and tried to prepare myself for anything that came my way.

We all entering a compartment when I tapped Draco on the shoulder.

"Can I speak to you?" I whispered. He nodded.

"We're going to grab something from the trolly, want anything?" I asked everyone.

"Im fine." Lucy said.

"Chocolate Frogs please." Anzac exclaimed. 

"Me too!" Adaline blurted.

"I'm fine too." Blaise said.

That was another thing too, things between Lucy and Blaise were a little weird I guess. Small things have changed but I never asked either one of them.

I gave a smile and followed Draco.

We were able to find an empty compartment and closed it.

"I thought about it and... well I want do want to work something out with you." I said. I didn't even know what that quite meant, like am I his girlfriend? Or are we a fling for right now? 

"Good." He said.

"But what does that really mean?" I asked.

"Well you're mine and I'm yours." He said.

Butterflies grew in my stomach when he said he's mine. "But you don't want to call this a relationship?"

"For now... no." He hesitated.

"Okay." I said. It was a risk but it was worth it. I just needed him to be open with me.

"Romance isn't my thing... I move slow." He said. "Just don't like the title of being in a relationship."

"I understand." I said.

"I'll send you a letter when I get to my Manor." He said.

"Alright." I said.

Draco was taller than me and was standing close to me. Our eyes met each other for what seemed forever. His cold silver eyes always got to me. They were probably my weakness when we had moments like these that felt pure.

"We should get going, they're probably waiting." I said nervously.

We exited and happen to see the trolly a few compartments down. 

As we got to it, Draco said, "I'll pay."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes, there's no need for that anymore." He said giving me a smirk.

We made our way back to the compartment. Draco was sitting across from me, I would catch him sneaking a few glances at me. It would make me blush but still tried to hide it for the sake of it only being between us.