⌈CHAPTER 50 ⎮⎮ AWAITS⌋

A/N: Sorry if it seems rushed, I want to get to the next chapter asap!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I woke up to a much brighter place. I lifted myself and slowly looked around, why am I in the infirmary?

Right away, I saw Anzac in the chair next to me, who was sleeping so peacefully. Just seeing him brought back the memories of what happened yesterday. Before I could drop into those thoughts again someone came in.

"Esme..." Adaline cried out lowly.

She rushed over to the other chair next to me, "You were here too?"

"I had just left to grab something to eat, Blaise did too." She responded, I looked back at Anzac, "He's been here the whole time... even found you."

I became anxious for some reason, "He did...?"

She nodded but then grabbed a mirror, handing it to me, "I'm... really sorry."

I slowly took it, trying to relax my hand from shaking. My face looked normal or how it normally did before. Till I leaned it on my neck. I wasn't expecting it to be this bad, in fact I can't remember how hard his grip was.

It'll definitely be there for a while, it was a dark bruise, the handprint completely visible. I ran my fingers along my neck, I wanted it gone.

"The nurse said it will take longer to heal."

"Why?" I asked, "It's just a bruise."

"She says that there must've of been some kind of... spell used." Adaline sighed, "Apparently whatever it was didn't follow through completely and so it messed up the healing process."

"What spell?"

"They wouldn't tell me... I'm assuming it's dark magic."

I should be allowed to know. After what I saw, I knew nothing wasn't safe anymore. I turned to Anzac who was starting to wake up. He then panicked realizing I was up, "Esme! Oh merlin you're up!"

He hugged me so closely it was comforting. It was him, he found me.

"Thank you..." I pulled him in closer.

He stroke my hair sinking his neck on my collarbone.

"Shit Esme you're up!" It was Blaise's voice.

Anzac and I slowly pulled away as I looked up to him, "Yeah I am."

"Surprised you could even smile after the shit you went through." Anzac nudged him, "What?!"

"It's not like I'll forget."

"What were you doing?" Adaline asked, "Like do you remember what happened?"

Yes.

I remember everything.

All that happened.

Draco and Lucy.

Dumbledore is dead.

Snape killed him.

Dolohov choked me.

Where is Draco? And Lucy?

Do they know about the death eaters?

I looked at the three of them till Anzac spoke for me, "You don't need to tell us it all right now."