⌈CHAPTER 20 ⎮⎮ YOU CAN'T LOVE⌋

*small time skip to the new week*

Draco Malfoy (POV)

Fuck this stupid cabinet. I was tired, so fucking tired and stressed. I hated all that I was doing. Anzac noticed and asked if he could do anything. I told him no though, he didn't need to be dragged into this. 

Lucy told me that she's having a hard time. She's scared about her mark showing. She told me that she forgets to use the spell Snape told us to cover it. I told her to wear long sleeves as much as she could to bed if anything.

I wore long sleeves but still always covered mine. Every fucking time, I looked at it... I was reminded of what I was.

It's been just a few days that I haven't really been with Esme. We walked to the library on Tuesday and that was about it. She hasn't questioned my whereabouts yet, but I'll be prepared when she does. Things were fine with her. I guess I've been closer to her more than anyone when I know I shouldn't.

It was close to the afternoon so classes would be over by now. I skipped all of them today, Snape would back me up occasionally.

I left the room of requirement making sure not to be seen and began walking to Snape's office. The corridors were mostly empty, luckily. I made it to Snape's but noticed Juliet standing outside probably waiting for someone. I gave her a death glare and she just smirked back.

I walked in as another student left. I told Snape all I've been doing. It fucking frustrated me. It was Thursday, and I've missed almost half my classes since Monday just to fix this shit.

He said he would help me but I still denied it. The Dark Lord would kill us both if he did. I left still feeling frustrated and stress.

"Hey Malfoy."

It was Juliet, still leaning against the wall. Probably waiting for me now instead.

I grunted and began to walk away.

"Don't want to talk I see?" She called out, beginning to follow me.

I paused in my tracks, "I have nothing to fucking say to you." I seethed.

"I saw you two, you and Esme." She said, I remembered she was there.

"Look I just want you to stay away from her alright?" I demanded.

"You actually let her touch you?" She ignored me.

"Stay out of our business." I shoved past her.

"Malfoy listen for once." She said. "All I'm saying is maybe try someone else."

"Like you know what's best for me." I snapped.

"I know that's she just the same as everyone." She sneered. How fucking dare she.

"You don't know a thing about her!" I shouted, I was approaching her trying to hold myself down.

She started chuckling, "You really think she's different? Let's see does she really fulfill your needs?"

I stayed quiet, so what if she hasn't. Okay maybe it did matter a bit... but I know she'll come around.

"We both know what you need in life, someone like her would never understand our needs." Juliet continued to say. "I know you hate me, but we both know I helped you."

"You ruined my life." I hissed.

"It's not my fault you can't love, I can't either."

"I know I can't."