⌈CHAPTER 66 ⎮⎮ SO FORTH⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It had been a rough few weeks, the most chaotic four months I've had at Hogwarts. Even still, the thought of the event still shakes me up. The question I sit with the most is the intentions. Why? Just why were they there? I haven't told Draco anything Royce had said prior. It felt wrong, Draco should know that someone else is aware that he's a death eater and his family.

At the same time I didn't want to add more on top of Draco's pile. Plus, I don't know if Royce was just being all talk. It doesn't matter anymore. In the end, Royce ended up being expelled from Hogwarts.

To be honest, I was surprised by that outcome. When you're getting asked the same question over and over, you start wondering why you're there. I appreciate that it was done very quietly and no one has asked me anything, nor has anyone even noticed Royce is gone.

Draco still is always cautious, I mean he's never trusted anyone anyways. He hasn't let me out of his sight since then. I appreciate his concern and just don't want it to get in the way of any responsibilities. Then again he says I'm his biggest responsibility.

Today, I'm supposed to sleep over at his dorm. This would be the first time in awhile, I try not to push it or ask him about it because I still don't know how he really feels about it since I know it's a big step for him.

He's opened up a few times about his parents, mostly his mom. The way he talks about her is beautiful to hear. He truly adores Narcissa and I hope she knows that, I wish she could hear how he speaks of her.

The holidays are slowly creeping up, this year I don't know if I'm spending Christmas with my family. The last conversation I had with them wasn't promising. I remember my mom hugging me so tightly, my dad saying I can't be seen with them for awhile.

It absolutely broke my heart.

I knew that they just had to be okay, my mind couldn't grasp other than that.

I should've been more concerned about looking for a place to stay, it wasn't safe to be alone during a time like this. Draco hasn't brought anything up, which I'm not surprised. I'm not sure how it is at his place right now.

I kept putting it in the back of my mind since I felt that there were important things I needed to figure out.

It was just me, Draco, Zac and Blaise doing homework in the common room. We had had dinner not too long ago so we all felt cozy by the fireplace, it was quiet along with other students.

"Well I feel like that's all for me," Anzac started to shuffle his things away when Blaise said, "Did you finish everything?"

"Just about half of everything," He joked, "Kidding, kidding, I only have to work on my paper everything else is finished."

"Very proud Mr. Rosington," I spoke up.

"Oh Esme before I forget," He started shuffling in his bag pulling out a crumbled letter, "Sorry, I had to make sure no one saw it or anything."

"Thank you," I smiled, "Does that mean I open it now or..."

"You can open it now of course, it's just us."

The letter was already open, I just had to straighten the crumbled piece of paper. It didn't take long for me to notice that this was in my dad's writing.

It made me sit up more, I read through it so fast while still trying to process everything, "They want me to go with you?"

Anzac nodded, "That's all I have and know so I figure they just want you to be safe... I'm sorry you can't spend Christmas with them this year."