⌈CHAPTER 3 ⎮⎮ IN THE MIDDLE⌋

A/N: I will probably do time skips during this year so I can get to the 6th year but still keep important events, let me know if I'm moving too slow so I can speed things up, I just don't want things to be moving so fast either. I've always liked books that give a lot of details, but everyone is different :)

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

*time skip*

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I was walking towards the library this time without Blaise. He was hanging out with Anzac mostly which didn't bother me.

As I was turning through the corridor, I spot Harry sitting on the bench. Once he saw me he got up quickly and approached me.

"Esme, um- can I talk to you?" He said nervously.

"Yes Harry, what is it?" I said.

"Can we walk around or go somewhere private?" He said.

I bit my lip nervously. The corridor we were in didn't have many people, I thought it was private enough.

"Um sure... can it be close towards the library though?" I said nervously too.

"Of course." He nodded and we began to walk.

He was walking so close to me, but I wasn't bothered by it. His presence was great to have even if it awkward at certain points.

We are close to the library when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into an empty classroom. Making sure no one noticed. I was in shock and more nervous than before.

"Sorry- I just can't risk it." He said.

"Risk what..?"I said nervously.

"You know how Umbridge is ruining this school? Even what she did to you..." He said.

I remember what Umbridge did to Me and Harry while we were in detention. Yes, we both got in trouble. Only because I really couldn't take how she was calling Harry a liar. Not to mention Umbridge despises my parents. It was no surprise she took her chance once I opened my mouth.

"Yes she has been making it worse." I said.

"Okay well Hermione and Ron actually encouraged me to create a secret class where they thought I could teach what students should be learning." He said.

I was more interested. "Go on..." I said.

"Hermione believed that we aren't being taught properly. So we created this group called DA which is Dumbledore's Army. I was going to ask if you would join." He said.

Me? The only Slytherin there. He didn't even have to say it, I already knew I would be.

"Harry... I-I will be the only Slytherin right.." I said.

Was I afraid of that? No not really, I was happy to be in Slytherin and my parents were as well knowing they were in there too. They raised me differently and followed the brighter path.

It was more of how Slytherins are viewed, but I shouldn't care.

"Esme seriously don't worry about that, everyone knows of your family. Your parents have defended me and you have too, that doesn't matter the only thing is you can't tell your friends especially Malfoy." He said.