⌈CHAPTER 5 ⎮⎮ CHRISTMAS⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I had to almost drag Lucy and Adaline out of bed. It was finally time to go back home and the train was going to leave in a few hours. I was happy to finally leave I couldn't stand Umbridge.

I had already showered and got ready. I was wearing normal jeans like always and a black knitted sweater. I woke early just to finish packing everything. Luckily I didn't have to help Lucy and Adaline since surprisingly they did it all last night.

"I'm starving Luce do you want grab breakfast real quick?" Adaline said while changing.

"Sure." She yawned. "Wanna come Esme?" Lucy asked.

"No I'm okay plus I need to finish packing." I said.

"We'll bring you back something." Adaline said and flashed a smile before leaving with Lucy.

I was putting the last of my clothes into my suitcase when I heard someone walking towards the door. At first I thought it was Lucy. Trust me you start to recognize the sound of people's footsteps when practically living with them, but it wasn't her footsteps.

I looked up and saw it was Draco. In our dorm.

Why was I intimidated?

"Um...Hi did you need something?" I asked quietly.

"I just came to give Lucy her notes back." He said tossing her notebook on her bed.

"Oh okay." I said.

I noticed he was just staring at me again I guess trying to catch my attention.

"Um Esme..." He said.

I looked up fast, ugh I look stupid!

"Yes?" I asked.

"Sorry- for yesterday." He said.

Wow I guess Anzac did get to him even though it was unnecessary.

"Don't worry I know you hate Harry." I said.

"Why do you still talk to him?" He asked as if Harry has done something to me.

"He's nice to me and a good friend" I said.

"I thought you two were more than that." He said aggressively.

"Merlins no why?" I said.

I could see his fist clenching but he stopped once I looked up.

"He's pathetic." Was all he said.

"Well I mean I guess I would be too since that's all you would call me..." I said. I never really stood up but I guess I was annoyed by his constant takes of who I was talking to.

"You're not- I mean yes you are only because you still talk to him and you're just..." He was hesitant on everything he was saying that it made me confused.

"... a pure blood? I view everyone the same." I said. He just stood there quiet.

"You're the same too you know... we all have issues and it's okay." I said, I could only really blame how prejudice he was because of his father.

"Not me." He said. "My issues aren't okay." 

"Not when you keep everything in." I really didn't know why I was trying to talk to him it was just a feeling I had to do. "Besides I understand it's not all your fault." I said approaching him.

He had been sitting on the side of Lucy's bed I moved to sit in front on him.

"It's your father along with others but you're not like that." I said looking directly at him.