⌈CHAPTER 9 ⎮⎮ JUST A FAVOR⌋

A/N: short chapter but important! The 'deal' in now on the table...

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

After Snape excused me, I walked back to the common room to put my bag in my dorm. I was able to finish all my homework during detention so I would be able to look for Draco. It had been in my head all day why he defended me.

I was entered the common and to my surprise he was there on the sofa, but it seemed like someone else was there. I tried to approach slowly till I saw who it was. Pansy.

I don't know what came over me, it felt like a punch in the stomach. I knew how Draco was but I guess I did feel a bit of jealousy seeing him there with someone but only because it was Pansy. No one liked her. I still began to approach slowly so I could try to see what was happening. 

They were both sitting across, till Pansy got up and moved closer to Draco. She then sat next to him while Draco inched further from her. I couldn't hear what they were saying though. Pansy started to touch Draco's shoulder and once I saw her hand move slowly down, I made way closer to them. 

They heard my footsteps and I just stood there right in front of them. I don't know why, I guess I hated seeing someone be like that with Draco. I had no courage to say anything really. Mostly because that's how I am.

Plus, Draco and I weren't dating or anything so it wouldn't be right to just claim him. But when Draco saw me he got up quickly and put his hand on my lower back motioning for us to leave.

"Thanks I can't stand that filthy whore." He said.

"No one can." I said.

I opened the door to my room and settled my bag down. Draco came in and just stood there. I sat on my bed and began the conversation.

"So?" I questioned.

"What?" He said puzzled.

"Why did you do it?" I confronted.

"I guess I felt a little pity for you." He implied.

"But you hated me just yesterday and now you care?" I asked.

"Consider it a favor." He said, he began to move closer to me. I was still sitting on my bed but he was now standing right in front of me. "Now you owe me."

He lifted my chin up making me now look up to him. I looked up into his eyes, I truly admired his eyes. They were beautiful and the feeling he gave me just felt good. He always intimidated me.

I was okay with it. I liked it.

"Don't ever lie to me again, Esme." He demanded. 

I bit my lip nervously, "I won't."

"Good." He said. 

He started moving his thumb towards my bottom lip and began to examine my lips.

I felt myself wanting more and he knew what he was doing. It made him feel good. My body would always start to tense up around him but I enjoyed it. 

All of a sudden there was knocking at the door. Putting us back into reality. Draco quickly moved away from me and I got up from my bed.

"Hey Esme, Luce? Are any of you in there I left me key on accident and Blaise said he saw you both head to the common room." Adaline said.

"Yes I'm in here." I said, opening the door for her.

She thanked me and walked in. 

"Oh hi Draco, didn't know you guys would be in here." She said puzzled.