⌈CHAPTER 51 ⎮⎮ WHITE ROSES⌋

Third Person (POV)

"I don't want her going back." Anna was out of patience at this point, "You and I both know Hogwarts isn't safe anymore."

"She's better there..." Robert tried compromising with his wife another time, "We put her as a bigger target here- with us!"

Anna got up from the chair looking at her husband as if he's crazy, "Do you not see... her neck?"

"Every damn day Anna." He held his wife by the shoulders, "You don't know how many times I wish I could've traded spots with her in that moment."

She sighed as she wished the same thing.

"Anna look at me."

She looked at her husband as he cupped her face.

"Trust me." Robert begged, "If they come here then what? At least she'll be away from us."

Anna looked at him, directly in his eyes. She would do anything to protect her daughter and husband. It was the fear of losing both that was really getting to her. "He wants you... doesn't he."

Robert didn't say anything, he let his eyes do the talking and she understood.

Deep down she always knew something like this could happen and knew it would be out of her control.

"I will be fine," He finally spoke, "I'm not letting anything happen to the both of you."

Anna couldn't stand the thought of living without either one of them, she hugged him tightly not wanting to speak. She'd break down if she were, there was no world without Robert, no purpose.

Esme could hear the conversation, of course she was ease dropping. It had been a hard discussion whether she'd be allowed to go back to Hogwarts. She slowly walked away, down the hall, looking at all the portraits that were up. It seemed like ages ago, her eyes stopped on the one of her and Anzac.

She missed him, even more since he didn't visit at all this summer but there was still time she thought, almost four weeks left.

As she was heading up to her room, she paused in the middle of the main entrance room. It was hard to miss.

A big vase filled with white roses.

There was a note left along with them, her heart pounding as she saw it said 'For Esme.'

But when she lifted it up there was nothing, blank. All it has was her name.

She didn't know if her parents had seen these already but she didn't feel like asking at the same time. Instead she grabbed the vase and took it to her room. White roses were her favorite after all, everyone knew that though.

As she slouched herself on the bed she couldn't help but stare at a moving picture, the only one she had of her and Draco.

He wasn't looking at the camera but was still smiling then turning his head towards her.

Just like that, Draco was back in her mind.

Esme knew he'll always be there, she gave up that whole bullshit of trying to not think about him.

She was just lying to herself, she missed him more than anything. 

The only person to even get a glimpse of who he is, was only Esme.

Esme Ambrose (POV)

*time skip*

I was going back Hogwarts tomorrow, my parents finally met eye to eye even though I can tell it's not the decision they wanted to make.