⌈CHAPTER 7 ⎮⎮ DETENTION⌋

A/N: Tom Felton deserved more screen time. FOREVER STAN DRACO MALFOY.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

"Miss Ambrose, not a big surprise now is it?" Umbridge said with her stupid smile.

"Hello." I said.

"Going to be doing lines for me, Professor Snape told me you interrupted his class, not very shocking." She giggled.

"What do I write?" I asked.

"I must not ask questions." She said.

That was so stupid but I could't do anything or she'd make my punishment worse.

I began to write that over and over till the pain started flinching in. It hurt so bad, I could already see the words being written. I started letting out a tear, but tried not to give Umbridge that satisfaction since that's all she wanted.

My hand felt like it was on fire to be honestly, I saw the blood starting to drip out and with that just let tears out. Umbridge turned towards me.

"You may go now." She said with a smile. She is such a bitch.

I grabbed my stuff and left her office. I saw a couple of other students outside. Once they saw me they knew what was coming.

I was walking towards the common room when I heard Harry's voice calling out to me.

"Esme are you okay?" He looked at me. He knew what happened in potions and I couldn't meet him in library. "I saw what happened in class I don't think it was your fault."

"Thanks Harry I just really want to go please." I sighed.

He gave me a small hug and and I walked away.

I walked to the common room, went straight into my dorm and cried on my bed. The pain hurt a lot and the bleeding was still continuing so I tried to stop it. For some reason any healing spells wouldn't work, that's probably why she enjoyed it. Which was absolutely sickening, can't believe she has this much power over us.

I was falling asleep till there was loud pounding on the door. I got up to see who it could be and there stood Draco. He looked angry, he shoved past me and looked around in my room. I had forgotten he was going to expect me in the library.

"No one is in here." I reassured, going to sit back down on my bed.

"Where were you?" He demanded.

"I got detention." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"I was asking Anzac stuff during class." I said, I could tell he didn't believe me. I mean it was a stupid reason but Snape was only following Umbridge's stupid new policies 'no interrupting professors during class.'

"That is such bullshit." He hissed.

"Well that's where I was." I said. "Why do you even care?"

"Because I just do..." He hesitated. I noticed his eyes started traveling to my hand. Fuck, it was still bleeding a bit. I quickly put my hand over hoping he didn't see.

"Esme what's with your hand?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said nervously.

"Give me your hand." He said.

I uncovered my hand and he grabbed it gently. Draco examined my hand and read the words 'I must not ask questions.' His expression was turning into rage.