⌈CHAPTER 56 ⎮⎮ PRETEND✔︎⌋

A/N: Flashbacks occurred during the 6th year.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Draco Malfoy

Esme was falling asleep on me, I had my arm so strongly over her. She was in my dorm today, I really just needed her right now but more or so I just wanted to talk to her.

I ran my hand through her hair, "You can fall asleep if you're really tired."

"I'm only a little tired."

"I'll wake you up before dinner I promise."

She laid her hand on my chest, it was like all the hesitation was starting to go away.

"What is it like at your manor?" I blurted but I genuinely wanted to talk to her.

"It's just a house," She chuckled, "It's very quiet though, simple yet has character."

"Is it like mine?"

"No not really."

"What about your room?"

"It's very simple but I like it like that, it's almost the same size as yours, it has two big windows and that's my favorite part is draping the curtains."

"It sets the scenery in your room."

"Yes! It does." She continued, "It's almost so calming at the same time."

She snuggled closer onto me.

"What about your parents?"

"I love them," She started smiling, "They're just so pure and humble, if you ever meet them I know they'll like you."

I chuckled like yeah right.

I could sense that her parents think I'm a bad influence and I don't blame them, I know I am.

"I mean it... that's what I love about them, judgement doesn't exist to them."

"I think everyone is bad, in some way." I paused, except Esme.

But I can't tell her that.

"Hm... I guess you're right."

"Disagree?"

"I don't think everyone is bad, some people just went though bad things."

Her words hit.

In fact they stung.

My left arm went stiff, the arm that carried the dark mark.

It was wrapped over her.

"You're not bad Draco."

Look at my arm.

I'm a monster.

"Whatever you say."