⌈CHAPTER 24 ⎮⎮ NO⌋

*WARNING: SMALL SMUT*

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

*small time skip to middle of the week*

Esme Ambrose (POV)

Draco and I were reading in the library. We've been in here since our last class, there was still an hour till dinner. It was nice to be with each other in public, some thought we were friends and those who thought differently were immediately shut down by Draco as a rumor. It kinda bugged me that he did that.

At first he would tell people in slightly harsh tone, but now he's getting more extreme as if he's embarrassed of that thought.  

I sat closer to the window and he sat next to me. He looked a little bit better at least like he was getting more sleep.

"I need to ask you something." I was getting nervous.

"Don't you always." He didn't take his eyes off the book, I was curious what he was reading.

"So Slughorn is having a Christmas party and I'm-"

"Esme! Esme!"  Someone called out, "There you are!"

It was Lucy, couldn't it have waited till after I asked Draco?

But the look on her face seemed urgent enough.

"What happened? You look like you ran over here."

"Yeah practically did, so I..." She realized Draco was there, "Um look there's a book over here I need you to clarify for me."

She grabbed my arm and quickly took me two aisles down, "Lucy you could've just brought the book to me!"

"Shhh!" She whispered, "Draco can't know."

"Know what?"

"Blaise invited me to the Christmas party as his guest," She went on to say, "Do you have a date yet?"

"No I was about to ask Draco."

"Okay because there are a few boys who are planning on asking you." She said, "I heard it in the common room."

"Okay... but why did you run all the way down here?"

"It's this Saturday Esme, they can ask at any moment."

She was right. It was Wednesday, I never know what Draco would say though.

"I'm nervous about asking him..." I said, "I feel like he won't go."

"Esme he has to say yes, I know he would." She reassured me, "If you want I'll be one aisle down to hear what happens."

"Thanks Luce but I want to be alone when I ask."

Lucy nodded and walked me back to where I was. Draco was still reading his book as I sat next to him.

"Draco?"

"What?" He said in a slightly harsh tone. Well great...

"I wanted to ask you something..."

"Then ask, you already said that." Draco still hasn't taken his eyes off his book.

"Can you at least look at me?"

He paused then looked at me, "What Esme?"

I couldn't mouth the words, I don't know why he's in this mood all of a sudden. I took my chance and grabbed the book he was reading. Draco tried to grab it but it was fully in my hands now.