⌈CHAPTER 49 ⎮⎮ TWO KEPT A SECRET⌋

Lucy Mounson (POV)

I wasn't happy about taking the upcoming exam's in fact I wasn't happy at all anymore, which is why I spent most of the time alone especially right now.

Draco's been to himself ever since he and Esme broke up or whatever you call it, Esme calls it that. It even broke my heart. I know she isn't okay, I see right through her. I'm furious because Draco just seems well Draco. As if nothing is wrong or like anything happened.

I worried a lot more now about the Dark Lord and the task. None of it was okay and it was so much weight on Draco's shoulders. Frankly, I think that's a part of the reason he left Esme. The same reason I didn't want to leave Blaise.

There was a knock on the door, "It's open."

Another knock again.

I thought it was either Esme or Adaline, they would've came in. I waited for another knock till answering the door

"What is it-" I paused, surprised to see who it was, "Draco?"

I was surprised to see him, I finally got see to see him and he didn't look good. In fact, it looks as if he's grown eye bags.

"Are you alone?"

"Yeah."

"It'll happen tonight." He stammered, "I finished the cabinet."

Everything in me was relieved but at the same time scared. All at once, I felt anxious at ease. He was finally done, the cabinet was done. Everything will end tonight if Draco can perform the task out well.

"Wow... I um-"

"Grab all your things and we'll depart this evening."

"We're just leaving?"

"And not coming back so take everything."

"Just like that?..."

"What do you not understand?"

"I don't... want us to just leave..." I felt a knot in my throat, "What am I supposed to tell them... I-"

"Don't tell them anything." He interrupted, "You'll ruin everything, just pack your shit and sneak out."

"Do we really have to go with them?"

"Of course we do." He hissed, "Are you done with the fucking questions?"

I was never the person to take shit from anyone, especially him.

"I'm just fucking asking you don't need to be a dick."

"Go to hell."

"Wish you the same."

He huffed before walking away.

I slammed the door immediately and slumped myself on the bed. This was really happening...

I knew I wouldn't be ready, no matter how much I prepared myself I knew I couldn't be what they wanted me to be. I started doing what Draco told me to do and pack. That's when everything started to hit me.

I was leaving not only Hogwarts but my friends and Blaise. My only real family.

I was abandoning them.

They don't even know who I really am, a killer.

Whatever happens tonight is my fault and they won't even know it.

I tried to control my breathing, I'm being weak.

The door opened out of nowhere but it wasn't a surprise, it was just Adaline and Esme.