⌈CHAPTER 42 ⎮⎮ CURIOSITY KILLS⌋

A/N: quick reminder that everything is CONSENSUAL given that their relationship is related to BDSM, also I swear Draco is so hawt.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .    .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

"Luce we'll be fine."

We both stood in front of where the door should appear, Lucy still kept trying to pull me away, "Esme this is stupid let's go."

"Draco came this way he has to be in there."

"I doubt he-"

"Miss Mounson and Ambrose!" A voice then called out.

We turned our heads and realized it was Snape, "Care to tell me why you both are loitering around this late?"

"Professor, it's not that late-"

"But you both still seem to be lurking around." Snape interrupted me, I knew the door wasn't going to show up.

He turned his eyes towards Lucy, "Come with me Miss Mounson."

"Professor it wasn't her idea-"

"Miss Ambrose you can take this as a warning and excuse yourself back to the common room."

"But-"

"Now."

I mouthed 'sorry' to Lucy and headed back to the common room in defeat. I sat on the sofa, since it seemed to grow more empty and besides I wanted to wait for Lucy to come back. It was taking her awhile now, I figured Snape was just going to give her a talk and then maybe detention but it's been almost an hour or so and she still hasn't returned. 

I felt some approach me, "You alright Esme?"

"Oh um hey Royce... yeah I'm fine."

"Mind if I?"

"Go ahead."

He sat next to me on the sofa facing his body towards me so I turned mines a little towards him. 

"You've been sitting here by yourself, you sure nothing is wrong?"

"Just thinking, I'm actually waiting for a friend to get back."

"Who?"

"Lucy."

He nodded. 

"So why are you here?"

"Nothing to ever do in my dorm so I just try to find something to do here."

"Always caught up with homework huh."

"It's the only thing I ever do," He chuckled, "I can't wait to leave this school."

"What are you going to do after?"

"Work at the ministry thinking of being an obliviator," He said, "I have been taking all the classes for that kind of field anyways."

"You're not scared to do that?"

"Before I was but I've gotten over it, someone has to do it you know."

"Yeah... you're right."

"How about you?"

"Auror most likely," I said proudly, "My parents were so I figured it would be cool you know to be like them."

"You're lucky you have parents to look up to."

"You have your father though and your mother right?" I said confused.

"My mother doesn't do anything with her life and well you know my father owns the pub and eventually thinks I'll take over." He sighed.