⌈CHAPTER 57 ⎮⎮ CONVOLUTE⌋

Draco Malfoy (POV)

My eyes started to open, it was dark at first but then I started to see faint light. Then the faint light grew lighter and lighter. After some time I realized I was in the Hospital Wing. The first thing I felt was my body aching, surprisingly I didn't feel a migraine or anything. In fact, I vividly remembered how I got here or at least I think I do.

I was in a duel with someone I despise, however they blasted a spell and I missed, obviously it put me in here so how does that make me fucking look.

As I looked around the room more I then noticed Esme right beside my bed. She was asleep, half her body was on my bed, almost like she fell asleep on a desk. I looked at her so carefully and noticed our hands were connected. Just how they should be.

I rubbed my hand over hers like I used to, I can't explain how it feels but it just feels calming... almost like I'm whole.

I noticed her still the same as how she was in class, then I saw faint blood; not a lot but still it was there. I was worried because I thought it was her own, but it had to be mine. I gulped at that thought, I couldn't imagine that situation and feeling she felt.

After awhile of staring at her and living this moment of just us, I hear small chatter and footsteps approaching.

"Draco..." Blaise was the first voice I heard.

Then Anzac came behind him, he smiled but in relief as he approached closer to the seat on the other side of my bed, "You okay?"

"Totally, they should put me in a quidditch match right now." I lowly responded sarcastically.

I stared back at Esme, still asleep.

"She hasn't left." Anzac said, "Since you came in yesterday."

"It's the next day?"

He shook his head, "It was a nasty curse apparently."

"Snape even let her sleep here." Blaise added, "Esme kinda knows how and what happened."

"Kinda?" Anzac interjected, "She does that's why she hasn't left."

I was taking all this in right as they spoke. I was usually good at that, just saying what comes to mind but not right now.

"We've been here too." Blaise added then throwing his hands up, "Just saying!"

 I chuckled then adjusted myself but my body hurt like hell, I didn't want to seem weak or anything so I did everything to remain quiet.

"We should go get Luce and Addy." Anzac looked at Blaise, I think Anzac did it on purpose so I'd be alone with Esme so thanks to him even if he doesn't know it.

Blaise took the hint and followed him out.

Esme still stayed asleep for about five minutes then slowly woke up. The first thing she did was look at me, "Draco..." she gasped.

"Draco... you're okay..." She gripped my hand harder and came closer.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Who cares about me-"

"I remember it all okay and I fucking care about you." I attested.

She stood quiet  then looked down at our hands before rubbing her thumb over my hand. However, she only did that for a short time before pulling her hand away. I wanted to stop her, I was a bit mad because I needed that, I needed it from her.

"Esme..." I started, "I'm sorry... I know I haven't been the best person to you, trust me I'm deeply sorry for that."

I've never said sorry or apologized just like I did with anyone, it was a sign of weakness and I didn't want to lower my pride for anyone.