⌈CHAPTER 19 ⎮⎮ HOW CAN I⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I woke up the next morning feeling drained. I remember all that happened last night. Merlin, it was a nightmare. Adaline comforted me till I fell asleep. I saw Lucy came back and was sleeping peacefully. 

"How are you feeling?" Adaline asked, she had just gotten out of the shower.

"Doesn't matter." I cracked a smile hoping she'll believe nothing was wrong.

"It's my job to know Esme."

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. It was a little wavy today.

"Hey Esme?" Adaline called out.

"Yeah?"

"Are you like... Draco's submissive?" Wow she's straight forward.

"Um... I mean I guess you can say that." I hesitated. "Why?"

Was I really though? I mean Draco had a point last night, I don't do as I'm told to certain extents which I guess bugs him a lot.

"Just be careful with that kinda of stuff." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

I smiled back.

"You know Anzac owes me 5 galleons, I knew there was something." She exclaimed.

"You both betted on us?" I chuckled.

"It was bound to happen." She smirked and left to go change.

I stared into the mirror for a brief moment. Did he really have that feeling of regret it?

I know he was pissed and his angered gets the best of him but still. I never knew words like this could escape his mouth.

I grabbed my clothes for today. My mom gave me most of dresses and skirts this year, apparently it amazes her that I'm growing into a lady.

I put on a black long sleeve and threw over a plaid dark olive green jumper. I figured I put my boots on today even though I wasn't going anywhere. It was still early maybe I could go to Hogsmeade with them if they wanted.

"I'm borrowing that one after!" Adaline shouted.

"By all means." I said.

"You're mom really buys the best clothes." Lucy added.

"She does all the time when it's completely unnecessary." I said. "How was last night?"

"Can't even remember so it' must've been good." Lucy shrugged.

"Believe it or not you were actually pretty calm." Adaline said.

"Didn't sleep at Blaise's?" I asked.

"No he's gonna come soon though and just stay here if that alright with you guys?" Lucy asked.

"Of course." Adaline and I both said.

Lucy turned over to face me, "Hey Esme, Adaline told me what happened, Malfoy's a dick."

That did bring a smile to may face though, "It's alright."

"Esme, do you mind helping Anzac and I today?" Adaline asked, "And be help I mean passing the answers."

"Sure Adaline." I smiled, "Are you guys coming in here?"

"Yup."

I nodded and with that Adaline passed me her notebook. Yes, I did just give her a couple of answers since that's the friend I am. 

Lucy was still a little quiet though. I was explaining something to Adaline when she bolted off her bed quickly and ran to the bathroom.

She shut the door but we couldn't hear anything.