Chapter 38: My Son...

Melenor

Oh... It really has been a while. I suppose that is to be expected.

I miss my son.

I should have brought him with, or maybe even placed him in a cryopod with Allura. Then he would be here with us now. "Mother are you ok?" My attention shifts over. I nod my head to Allura's question. "Yes, my flower, I am just thinking. That is all." She nods her head before clamping her hand around mine and walking me out of the room. "Mother, this is..."

"Moresrid. How have you been?" She gazes up before embracing me into a tight hug. "Where have you been?!! We looked everywhere and you seemed to have just disappeared!!" I bring her closer to my chest, to my heart. "I'm sorry I was unable to contact any of you in the hole. I was stuck in an endless hoop. Until something came and retrieved me." He even told me his name... COSMO..." Suddenly, he came and before too long, a loud giggle was heard.

"COSO!!!!!" A raven haired child grasped Cosmo's fur. "Coso ooo go bye bye natty boy!!" The boy shouts, "Ank ooo, miss" while he grasps at my feet. "No, come back Keith. You're supposed to be going down for nap time!!" The same boy who looks like my son shouts to the tired looking boy in front of me. "Hello again. I am sorry to ask this as it is quite the personal question. What is your name?" He looks confused at first but the look is erased and a smile graces his face. "My name is Coriak."

Wait. That must be impossible. That name... That's the name of my-

Before I could question him further, he came closer and reached up towards my face, bringing fingers to my cheeks and swiping away the tears. "Are you okay? Miss?" I nod my head and hug him. The poor boy had another confused bout. 

Sirens suddenly began going off, the piercing sound ringing off every wall in the room. "Intruders!!" Honerva shouted as everyone left the room. "Protect the kits!!" We ran to what looked like a nest room where we saw some children. "Omma!!!" The smallest shouted and Honerva was quick to pick him up. "It's ok Antor. You are safe, young one." She huddled up into the nest with the children. "Where is he!!!" Someone shouted from the other side of the door. "Where is our mistake of a son!!" The banging continued.

A yelp sounded from the nest and all heads turned at the new voice. "They... are here for me," he says softly, and while the fear is there, acceptance is also present. This was common and this was normal. Which is why none of it was right.

The door is ripped open to reveal-

"Yanay and Koraner?" They look at me and the fear is evident on their faces. Unlike the child with a masked control, these two are terrified for another reason. Yanay began screeching. "We just want our son then we'll be out of your hair!"

"Nooo! Leave me alone!!" Now the child is shouting in the frenzy as they draw closer. Toughing it out but still clearly cowering away from the danger. It was only a natural action. I step forward again and glare. "He said to leave him alone!" Still yourself. Stand your ground.

My voice is stern.

Even then, they refute anyway. "He is our son!!" I watch the interaction and the child grows emotional, but there's a new fire in his heart. He rises to his feet and straightens his back. "No I am not. I'm not stupid! I heard you talking about me being another woman's son. Mel? Wasn't it?!!" His emotions were unstable now, swaying from one side to another, rapidly moving, waiting to lose it's momentum and fall. But his words touched me late.

They didn't process till now. That's my? "You're my..."

"So you finally found your son, huh?" My eyes snap to the pair a short distance away from me now. "Though we did enjoy making you both suffer... I believe it's about time we left." And right before they could leave the room, a bolt of lightning was flying straight towards them both. "Does that mean you're my..." He had tears in his eyes but the word didn't spill. He was scared. "M...m." It left him mumbling, and he was right to because what a revelation! How could it be?