Chapter 43: what is normal?

Melenor

It was hard to wait for my son to get out of the pod he was in, but after the long wait he seemed physically okay, but I myself am fully aware of how bad a regression could be. Usually it lasts a day or two, however due to the state he is in it may take weeks or months for Coriak to be back to normal. But what is normal for him? I have yet to know of his likes and dislikes, so who am i to say he is normal or not, i haven't the slightest idea what normal is for him. I simply can not stomach talking to the traitors, not the ones who stole him from me. They deserve to be alone, no kit or youngling is safe in their care. Wait... didn't yount Antor and Marice to know him when he was younger. They know more than me, don't they? And Antor had gotten out of the pod during the last Varga or two. I get up and make my way towards the personal nest room that was set up for the two after the accident.

Once I arrived I was welcomed quite warmly to the sight of the two children lumped together in their nest ,limbs completely wrapped together, as they were both asleep. I carefully walk out of the room. Who else could i... Sharaok!! They both seemed really close, perhaps they even acted like mates when they met each other. I would most certainly ask him.

I begin to make my way towards the Joint restroom. Once there I walked towards where Sharaok normally is, only to find he was not there. I spot Honerva in the corner of the room and ask her where he was.

Honerva

"Where is Corak?" I hear a small voice call out from the nest. "He's still in Medbay, yung one." He gets up and slowly walks towards me. "Can I see him?" I chuckle to myself before nodding my head and calling for my son Lotor. "Son, could you escort Sharaok to the meday" I heard a hum of 'yes' come from my son and moments later he came through the door."Let's go buddy..." he seemed tired. "I'm not a baby you know." I hear the Kit call out. "Right you are, however, you are still classed as a Kit so you are still a child" he snickers to himself as Sharaok is left pouting as Lotor picks him up and takes him to the medbay.

Sharaok

Once we arrived in the medbay, Lotor placed me down in front of the cot Coriak Was lying in as I stuck my tongue out at him causing him to laugh even harder as I told him he's an idiot. He continued to laugh before a voice was heard at the other side of the room. "Lotor that is not very nice, teasing a Kit like that...'' he continued to laugh"I apologize Father..." (Allura and Lotor are already Married before the war, in my story) Lotor gets up then leaves before saying "i'll leave the kit to you then" Once he was gone a very out of breadth Mel came into the room. I can not remember her real name, but I have heard people call her Mel. "c-can i ask you some things about C-Coriak?" I slowly nod my head.

After she had calmed down we sat down at the desk of the Medbay, where Ulaz is usually located. "What was he like as a child, did they take care of him?" I thought about her question before trying to answer it as accurately as possible.

"They visited Earth quite a bit, that's how we meet them... they weren't really nice to Cori." her head slumps before she replies "what do you mean nice, if you don't mind can you explain?" i shudder at the thought of remembering some of the things they did to him ."they were... they were really m-mean... they would hit him if he cried or they wouldn't feed him. Most of the time, my Earth foster family would feed him and help suture his injuries." her face went from shock to sadness before she pulled me in for a hug. "That must have been hard for you... I am sorry you had to remember those memories" I nod my head slowly before she lets go of me. "If I were to send Kolvian in, would you be able to help him make a report on what they did?" I began to tear up before nodding my head. "Nonono you aren't being forced, you don't need to do it if you don't want to, you have already helped out a lot..." I shake my head and smile at her "I want to help Cori." she smiles back at me before placing me back down near Coriak's cot.

Melenor

I then made my way towards Kolvian, once I was at his office I knocked and entered following his welcome as to who was at his door. "Good evening Kolvian, I was wondering if you would be able to do a little task for me?" he places down the tablet he had in his hands "yes Lady Melenor, what is it you would like me to do?" I think for a second, in order to ensure the report was completed as soon as possible. "Well I would like you to..."

Coriak

I open my eyes and I am blinded by the bright light around me, causing me to whimper at the pain in my eyes. As I begin to rub them the light is turned down. As my eyes begin to adjust to the light, I start to make out a silhouette of a person standing beside me. I try to raise my hand and am shocked by what I saw. My hand was tiny. I turned my head towards the person who had something coming out of their eyes and a weird look on their face. "Oh... don't cry." I hear another voice say in broken words. So they are Crying? Why would they be crying? Are they hurt, sick? The noise got louder causing me to make strange noises myself. I don't like the loud noises.

Ulaz

I am working on my tablet, fixing some files, before hearing a small sob come from the corner of the room. As I look towards the cot with Coriak in, I notice him struggling with the lights so I get up and turn them down. After having turned them down, I look up to find Sharaok crying. "Oh no Kit... Don't cry" The sobs got louder before Coriak joined in with his own wails, battling the sounds Sharaok was making. I radioed in for some help and No replies came. "I need help in the medbay!!" I say louder into my radio, again hearing nothing. How can all of them be busy? Are the radios even working? I open my tablet and open a video connection with some of the members of my Pack, only to find there is no signal. What in the name of Zarkon is happening? I open the door and shout down the hall. "Need some help in the medbay!!" I heard some patted feet, meaning someone must have heard my call, before running towards the cot with whoever had heard me. "I'll help Sharaok and you can help Coriak" I heard the person say.

Alanea

I hear someone shout that they need help in the medbay, so i run out of my office and into the med bay "I'll help Sharaok and you can help Coriak" i say to Ulaz. He nodded his head as I walked towards the Kit, lifting him up and placing him on my hip. "How about we go for a snack?" he continued to cry "what about Cori?" I chuckle at him and smile "we can get him something as well" causing his cries to die down. He nods his head before placing his head onto my shoulder as he continues to sniffle.

I walk out of the room with the Kit in my arms, making my way towards the Palace kitchens to get a snack for the two.

After a short while we made it to the kitchens, I noticed that the kit was getting a bit upset so I rushed, swiping what we wanted and walked straight back to the medbay. Once there, the kit jumped out of my arms. He then ran over to his friend, who was laid down in the cot And began to nuzzle him whilst quietly purring to himself, Which caused a long persistent purr to come from the little one who was in the cot. It was then I remembered the task that I was given. I walked towards the Medical pad as I began typing away as to find a way to be able to help the mingling who is currently in a state of distress and suffering a regression day. I myself have no way of telling how long the child is going to be in such a state, but I'm going to try my best to enable him to get better. I have seen the state that Mel is in currently and I wish not to prolong her pain any longer. 

Sharaok

It's taking too long. We're currently in the kitchen and are going to get a snack for me and Coriak, Whoever this person is walking is far too slow. I begin to struggle in arms in an attempt to get down and get the snacks myself. However, she soon quickened her pace and was able to acquire the correct snacks that we needed. Once we had the snacks, she quickly walked towards the medbay so me and Coriak could eat as we are both quite hungry. Once we arrived I scurried over to Coriak so I could give him his snack only to find he had fallen asleep again. I jump up to sit on his cot and begin to nuzzle him gently as I begin to purr to him, in which he happily purr himself as well. I then lie down beside him and begin to fall asleep myself.

 "No Kit you need to eat!!" I ignore the calls that were clearly aimed at me as I close my eyes, welcoming the darkness that is about to overcome me. Hopefully void of any nightmares like I usually have of my time with the Galra previously. I know they did not mean to harm me, but it does still hurt sometimes and I know it shouldn't but it is just painful, no matter how I look at things.

I sigh softly in content as my eyes close slowly as darkness finally takes over my body.