Chapter 45: the new journey

Antok

How could they decide something like this? How many countless, innocent lives will be lost? I mean I question that they be lost; rather non existent. But that makes little difference! Would the cubs be here by the end of our journey? Many were born in order to serve, many died for honour? Will they be better of not existing and feeling such pain?

Kolvian

It may be a harsh decision but it is probably the only one that will prevent the damage that has been done to the universe from happening. "Kolvian, we are ready to set off on the mission." One of my blades calls out. I nod my head making my way to the hanger. "Today marks the journey, the journey in which will save the whole universe from misery and distribution!! Today I call upon my blades to sharpen their swords and fight with me. A perilous journey it will be not, but we will achieve many great things!" I call out to my blades. "Those who are willing to fight come with me, those who are not; please go with your families and find safe haven until our mission is complete, within the castle!"

I turn and walk into the ship with what looked as though almost 100 men. We were not a small rebellion but our ranks decreased enormously after the great was ended. However I am more than pleased with the numbers, in which have received my call and followed in my steps.

Once I was in the cog-pit, I gave my comrades time to say goodbye to loved ones and packs.

"We are ready Kolvian."

It was Ulaz. "Great to have you on board Ulaz." I say to him. "Not just him Koli..." I hear from behind me. Once I turned around I saw everyone Antok, Zaraok, Lotor, Amecia and the rest of my pack. "We are in this together!" Antok speaks up.

I nod my head and make my way towards my seat. "Sit down and rest, we have a long journey ahead of us." I call out to both my pack and blades.

Melenor

"Why is it no one is answering a single word I ask!!" I shout out of annoyance. "Mel they have gone to save the universe, I am unsure how long they will be; not what journey they venture. But I am sure what they are doing is for the good of the universe!"

If they are sure what they do will not cause more bloodshed then I shall believe them.

"Momma?" I hear behind me. "Oh young Marice, you should be asleep. I turn and see the little Kitling pulling himself along his knees. "Nono that's not good, you will Injure yourself." I say softly whilst picking him up. "Mmumma" he whines louder this time. "Let's go find your mummy, should we?" He looks at we with wide eyes before beginning to cry. "It's ok let's go find her."

I place him against my neck whilst rocking him softly. "Moresrid!" I say through my tablet. "Moresrid are you there?" Where is she? "Sorry about that I was looking for Marice, have you seen him by any chance?" Her worried voice breaks through the silence. "Yes, he is with me and may I add berry upset. We are in the planning room." I hear her sigh. "I am on my way!" She shouts, causing Marice's cries to increasin in intensity.

Within minutes she burst through the door. "It is okay little one momma has you." She says softly. Though it did little to help him. "Let's get some yummy milk into you..." she says whilst sitting down and undoing her top. "He won't even nurse, something must have spooked him?" She says not even sure that was the correct way of wording it as she knew nothing as to why he was crying. "Perhaps Antor could be of help?" I ask. She jumped up and nodded her head.

We walked quickly to get to him as soon as we could because we didn't want to wake the other cubs and Kits up. "It's okay my love, it's going to be okay." She says again softly as we make it to the nest room.

We walk through the door to find Antor just sat in the nest with tears in his eyes. "An!!" He shouts as soon as he sees him. "No way... no way!!" He shouts with his eyes full of tears. "What is wrong with them?" I ask. Not knowing what to do. We place them together and within seconds they were pulling each other close.

Even with how close they were their tears did not subside. "They are injuring each other." Moresrid said in worry. I look over to them once more to see that they were both trying to get closer to the other causing their claws to release. "Mittens" I say as I rush over to the trolly with the kit and kitling supplies in. "Here" I say as I pass the mittens over to her so she can put some on Marice, as I do with Antor.

"Here let me" we hear Honerva's voice break the silence as she walks to the two of the killings and pulls one of the blankets from the nest and begins to swaddle them together. "This should..." before she could answer the pair stir their crying and begin to nuzzle each other. "Though they are quiet now, we must still worry I am afraid." We both looked over in confusion. "What you witnessed today was a bond vision." What is a bond vision? Before I could ask that however she had already began her explanation. "When something bad is going to happen to your fated mate, you feel something called a bond vision, which is said to be a feeling far worse than if your mate was to perish."

How can that be? "What sort of bad thing?" I ask her. "Death..." is all she said before she placed the two back into the nest. "One of them is to die and possibly in the near future... and I am afraid there is nothing to be done about it." She looks to the floor in tears. "I-it could be either of the two; due to their young age we cannot distinguish who because they both acted in a similar way." Is all she said. What does she mean. They are just kitlings, they have their whole life ahead of them!

Why must fate be so cruel?