3: What Is A Kit?

Trigger Warning at the End

* With the Blades *

Keith 

It's dark. All I can see is an endless void of darkness, no one beside me, no one to guide me. Where is the light? There's supposed to be light right? After all, without light, no shadows are cast. Without light... no stars will shine. But then again, that's the big question here. Do I want the light? Or not? Left with just the thought of not being in the dark by myself with no one to talk to or confide in. With no one to comfort me or please the monster in my head that forces me to hate. Was I in a dream or not? Am I alive or dead? 

Nobody is here to tell me the difference. Where was my light? 

There. Right there. A light emerged out of the dark void in my vision and a voice was making its way closer to me, so very faint, so very far. It wasn't a man nor a woman. Who was it? My legs shakily moved forward, strength returning with a new sense of purpose. As I walked towards the light, light that always seemed to bug me, endlessly, the light that tormented me, light I so hated... I felt only one feeling. Relief. Because I wouldn't be alone any more.

I stood in front of the light. At first an orb that mindlessly floated around in the air, like a small spec in a large ocean, it hovered around me, circled my body. Grazing my bare skin and falling down to my feet, the light engulfed me.

Warm arms held me tight and I bring myself to really open my eyes.

Kolivan

The kit had been morphing in a slow pace, body transforming into a newer one, something that looked and felt right. Something comfortable. He became smaller, much smaller, almost tiny. I brought my eyes to sweep over the new body that curled in on itself. With a glowing lilac coloured tone covering the body, short little fuzzes of fur layering his entire body. I peered down at the face that matched the same tone as his skin, bringing a free hand to run through the softer hair than before. My fingers brushed against a more solid surface and I leaned forward to find a pair of soft kitten-like ears against the top of his head. Truly a transformation I never anticipated to be possible.

He shifted in my hold and I stilled my body and watched a small tail waver idly. These were subconscious acts that were natural so all I could do now was coo as it worked towards my legs and wrapped itself around one of them protectively. 

Suddenly, the kit began to open his eyes and I held my breath in. Those eyes were extraordinary. This entire process was beyond anything I've ever seen in my lifetime. His size matched one of a newly grown kit, and those violet eyes had been altered. Other than the fact that they might have remained the same to anyone from a farther distance, up close, the pupils now glowed a bright golden colour. Truly a wonder and a beauty the others would admire.

His mouth opened and for a moment, I thought he would attempt to say something, if he was even capable of saying anything at all, but he instead let out a soft yawn, eyes squinting whilst he wriggled his nose. It was adorable. Blankly, he stared at me and I blinked once. There was something so absolutely unnerving when a kitling decided to stare at you without so much as moving a muscle or making a noise. His mouth opened again and his voice was brought down to a mere whisper. "Koan... I hungee." Holding back my laughter, I turned around to the nearest Galra. "Thace?" The man nodded his understanding. "Food, I'm on it." Robotically, he left the room and was off on his next mission, to find some food for the new kit. Said kit being much smaller now meant there was a very high chance he couldn't eat our food yet so, and the kit was in capable hands. Thace had the experience of caring for others an spent time with the medics often. I had no doubt he knew to get an abundance of milk forcamu, the Galra's effective modification of the intergalactic child formula.