5: Who Are You?

Lance

I knew it. Of course I knew it. This felt inevitable, it was going to happen to me. It was going to happen. And the cliché part of me is waiting for it, ready for it, maybe it'll be searing pain, or maybe it'll feel nice and tingly. Who knows. You know what, we're diving head first into this. No regrets.

As soon as I close my eyes is when it finally begins. It's blank at first. Not blank in the all white king of book page way, and it doesn't fit the itch black kind of darkness kind of blank. It's simply... blank. Until pictures start making their way to me, fading in and out of my vision, filling up the remote space surrounding my being. There are moving images, some I can make out clearly, others opaque. I can remember some of these memories that play in front of me. Days at the Garrison, hanging out with Hunk and Pidge. Passing classes and competing against others. The Galaxy Garrison had been a rollercoaster, that was for sure.

Then there were some pictures that I couldn't find myself to recognize, containing people I don't know, or can't remember might be more accurate to say. Scenes and moments of my life, probably, at some point in my youth, that I couldn't find in my head but were clearly there. I'd see some of the people, some seemingly kind, others looking more on the evil spectrum. 

But there is someone more distinguishable, and I hadn't even realized I'd been walking through all the floating memories. Was this like a movie? Was I in some mysterious head space of mine? I push forward anyway and I see a man. He's kind of, no, he is purple and if I'm being honest with myself, I'd say he was even a Galra, but that couldn't be true, right? If this was a moment in my memories, it would be impossible for me to know a Galra. We literally only recently found out aliens were even real. And Galra didn't occupy Earth. If anything, Earth would be the last place they went to, lack of knowledgeable intelligent beings and all. 

I smile at the scene before me. There's a woman with the man, the Galra, they're together, holding hands, looking lovingly at each other. They're married, probably. But the woman, unlike the other, isn't Galra. If anything, her Alteans marks are a huge giveaway of who she is. Her hair, like Allura's, is white, although not in the same way. Similar, but not completely identical.

She looked so beautiful, but the question was? Who were they exactly?

The soft pastel colours, the faint purple glow, was immediately gone as soon as I came to stand directly in front of it to peer at it more closely. What was thrown at me was a ball of angry red, furious, raging, and I was suddenly surrounded by fire. I couldn't see anything, plagued by smoke and ash flitting around, as if I was thrown into whatever new memory this seemed to be. But there was nothing to make out but screaming, endless screams from so many people. My eyes landed on the woman and I stretched a hand out to reach for her.

My hands? 

They were purple? Why? Why are they purple? This was an odd dream, for sure, everything happening right now was weird and new. And the screams were louder, they were getting closer. And so was the battle, swords, guns, I want it to stop. 

I need it to end.

I want to wake up, I don't want to be here anymore. Please, someone wake me up.

Kolivan

I can't help this, I've already adopted two kits into the pack now. How am I supposed to explain this to the other members? I'm supposed to be the leader, supposed to be fierce, stoic, running and accomplishing mission. Yet here I am, picking up orphans and stealing them away from their supposed guardians. With a long sigh, I pick up the kit and his blue paladin friend then lay them both in the pack nest together. They immediately latched onto each other, the kit more onto his friend than the other way around. Lance had curled in on himself but didn't push away the physical contact in the end. He was comfortable. They both were, and that was good for the two of them, who needed nurturing and proper caretakers.