Chapter 46: the impending doom.

Honerva

Once the kitlings were calmed down, we made our way into the nest ourselves. "What do you think will happen." I hear Melenor ask me. "Honestly.... I am not sure what will happen." I reply.

There is no spell in the world that could predict what could or will happen to someone. There is only to see slightly into the future and when doing so the pair look as though they are happy with the rest of our pack. "We just have to ensure we protect them with our lives, I am not sure what will happen or when, but what I do know is that there is no point to giving up." If we give up now, there is no way we could change the fate of the two children.

"How about we check with the pack to see how things are going?" I ask in an attempt to change the current conversation. "That sounds like a delightful idea..." Melenor trails off. "W-What if the mission has something to do with the babies?" She asks. "What do you mean?" What does she mean by the mission being the problem? "What do you mean by that Mel?" She looks at me with sad eyes before looking at her lap. "What if one of the children are being placed in harms way, you heard how they spoke about people not existing."

Wait, that would make sense, the children grew upset once the mission was started. But that would not make sense, the children were born before the war, the war was caused because young Antor had been taken. "Both were born before the war so that can't be what is causing the bond vision." I say trying to figure out what is causing the pain between the young kitlings. "You are right, I don't know what came over me." She says softly.

Kolvian

"Not far now Kolvian, around 10 ticks to go." I nod my head whilst returning to the chair. We are so close to finishing our mission, but something seems to be wrong. I can't shake the feeling that we are doing something we shouldn't. "Kolvian?" I hear come through my ear piece "I am here." The person on the other side says hello before speaking again "Honerva and Melenor are ok the other end of a secured call, may I connect you?" I think for a second before confirming the transmission. "Kolvian, how is the mission going?" I hear Mel ask. "Well, we are 10 ticks away from the mission point, then we have to fight the guardians."

Before our conversation, I never really thought about the guardians. They are said to be the undead; those whom tried to abuse the power of the portal in the past. However the blades have been trained to fight against an entire empire. I am sure we can defeat a small army.

"Sir, we have arrived."

Marice

The last thing I remember is being with Lance (Antor), his mother put us together in a blanket. But now I'm alone.

I sit up as much as I am physically capable. "Momma?" I try to shout but it came out in a whisper. No one was with me, I was alone. "Ance, ou ere?" (Lance are you here?) of course I got no response. I pull myself onto my knees and begin to crawl out of the nest.

Crawling out of the pack room, I make my way down the hallway to momma and papa's private nest room. Using the small handle to open the smaller door that was made for me and Lance to enter, so we wouldn't get upset because we couldn't get in. Once in the room, again I found the room to be empty.

I make my way back out of the room and make my way towards the dining room and again find it empty. Where is everyone; where is my Lance?

Suddenly the lights go out making the room I was in, pitch dark, which didn't last long because red lights replaced the once warm coloured lights. "Omma!!" I begin to wail. Where is she? Why am I alone? Again no response.

"Arice... Marice my love, it's okay, it's just a dream." I hear someone call out causing my eyes to open. Wait I was asleep that means... I look around to see I am still very much at ratchet to the side of Lance and he was awake, staring at me with wide eyes. "It's okay I'm with you." He whispers to me whilst cuddling further into me. I knew it was just a dream but I couldn't stop myself from crying. I thought I had lost them all and yet when I open my eyes they are there for me. "Omma!!" I shout with tears falling from my eyes. "It's ok my little one, momma is here for you..." she says as she unravels me from Lance, causing an even louder whine to come from me. I want my mum but I don't want to leave Lance. "An oo!!" I shouted hoping she would understand.

"That's ok little one, I'll pick you both up." Thankfully she understood that I wanted both of them. "Appa?" I ask wanted to see my dad as well. It was strange being able to call someone mother and father. Before if you would have told me my parents were alive I would have not believed you, but now I can't be any happier with the both of them beside me. "Your father is on a very important mission, he will be back soon." What does she mean he is gone, he was here when I was put down for a nap before the meeting. "Shshsh..." my mum tried to hush my cries "it is ok he will be back soon..." is all I can hear as I begin to drift off not long after.

It is strange, even though I know we are all okay, I can push the feeling that something bad is going to happen. But that can wait till tomorrow, I'm so tired.

"Good night my little kitling"