Chapter 14: home sweet home

*-Moresrid-*

Honerva's Youngling came in looking for my son. I had to top him, no youngling should see what he has just saw. I gesture to the doctor to pass me a sedative and administer it to the youngling. He continued to whimper even after he had fallen asleep.

"Antor!! Antor baby where are you" Honerva takes one look at Marice before hugging me "thank you" she then looked over at my son again "what is wrong with him, if you don't mind me asking?" What should I say, we don't know. "We are not sure at this present time."

"No don't give me those eyes, your supposed to be the mighty queen of the Empire, don't show me sympathy." She looked shocked at first before taking her son and leaving the room.

*-Honerva-*

That poor kit, I know I can ask my doctor, she has treated many before my even existence. I quickly grab my son and rush to my ship. My husband tried to stop me but I just shrugged him off and continued my journey leaving my confused mate behind.

I finally reach the door. "Ayana, I need your help!!!" She jumped up before saluting me, "How can I be of assistance?" I grab her hand and pull her towards the blades base. I pull her all the way to the infirmary.

"I brought someone.....who...can help" I say between pants. Moresrid looks confused at first before nodding. Anaya immediately goes over to assess the sick kit.

"I haven't seen a case of this in over 5 thousand deca-phoebs." What is she "well...spill it what is wrong with him?" She looked even more shocked then she did before. "This is a major case of separation." Both me and Moresrid looked at each other confused.

"He has found his mate, but something bad happened either resulting in the mate dying or being badly injured. If I were you I would find out who it is before it is too late." She then bows her head and leaves.

Who could... he was only close to... oh my...the only possible person could be. I looked down at my son in my arms. "Moresrid, the only one it could be... is my son." Her eyes shot open. We both then began laughing, "to think that they were mates all along." We continued to laugh.

I walked over to her son and placed Antor down. Almost instantly they snuggle into each other. We giggle before leaving the room to inform her husband that we have solved the mystery.

*-Marice-*

It feels so cold...all by myself. I can hear people speaking but I can not hear what they are saying. I'm so lonely by myself. I try to call out for someone but no one hears. I then collapse to the cold jet black floor. I try to warm myself up, but nothing seemed to work.

Out of nowhere it goes silent. No voices, only the echo of my own tears. I then get up but instantly fall to my knees.

I then hear voices again, this time I hear... laughter? Then I see light. For the first time in what seemed days i wasn't alone. However, every time I took a step the light just seemed to back away.

Then out of nowhere I feel warmth engulf me. Then suddenly the light comes towards me.

My eyes begin to open, I felt something soft on me. "Warm" I snuggle into. Something warm. Giggles erupt out of no where. "Keef" I open my eyes fully to find "Ance!!" I wrap my arms around him tightly before I am engulfed by a coughing fit.

A lady walks up to me and hands me a glass of water. "Ank oo" I sink it almost instantly. I then lye back down on Lance's knees. He is so warm.

I'm so happy right now... he's finally home.