4: Pills?

Kolivan

A group of my closest approached me. 

"Sir, we found these from the kit's old clothing."

Ulaz presented a small bottle and rattled it. Medicine. Worry flooded my senses, it was filling the air, plaguing the room. Everyone else was equally as distressed. Were they the kit's? Why would he need these? For what reason anyway? He didn't visibly seem sick. Ulaz had checked him over multiple times. The doctors have assessed him and found no internal damage since the transformation. "Do they belong to the kit himself? Is his scent present?" They need information from Keith, confirmation. Keith wouldn't lie to them about this, right? About his own health and well-being? Ulaz dropped the bottle into my hand with an expectant look in his eyes. "We need to ask him ourselves, Leader. You are aware?"

Yes I was aware, but that only made the worry worse. 

As we made our way to the pack room, I played possible conversation starters in my head. How do you even begin conversations such as these? Kit, we are sorry but we have been through your personal belongings and found worrisome items. It was a declaration of them invading his privacy, something he was wrongfully accustomed to back with the Paladins of Voltron. Kit, we may have to restrict you from these medicines from now are because they are harmful to the Galra kind if not properly manufactured for our genetics. I mentally groaned. 

What if he didn't even want to talk about it in the first place? 

Do we back down, give him space? Or do we press on? 

We had made it to the Pack room too soon. Ulaz had been the one to open the slowly, the three of us poking our heads inside the opening to see into the room. There he was, alone, but still comfortable. He was playing with himself, a collection of different blankets thrown around him and the floors of the room. Ulaz faintly grumbled about the mess behind me. I had to hold back a laugh while watching the scene. 

It wasn't long before the youngest found us at the door and grinned. So with the silent invitation and welcoming, we entered and nestled ourselves around Keith. He pranced over and sat himself inbetween Ulaz and I with a particularly fluffy blue blanket draped over his shoulders. "Kit? We need to be serious with you for a little bit." His eyes widened and the violet colour grew a shade darker. His tail curved towards his body protectively and the fearful look was immediately replaced with something darker. Defensive. Defiant. "We swear, you aren't in trouble. We just want to ask a question." At this, we watched his muscles loosen up, no longer tense but still on alert. 

Was he so traumatized to believe his own kind would hurt him?

"Can you tell me who these belong to?" I looked at Ulaz with a firm nod and the man in question pulled out the bottle from his pockets. Keith made a move to grab them but I held him back by an arm and Ulaz pulled the medicine away. Again, his eyes were wide, only this time, a scowl was present on his face and tears were beginning to emerge. I let him go quickly. 

Had I hurt him? Was he in pain?

A few tears slipped down his face. "Ance..." Who? "L...Lance eed pills." Lance. Who was this Lance? Hold on, I do know a Lance. We know who he is. Lance, the blue paladin. But why would he need them in the first place? And why did the kit have them in the first place? Were they friends? Close enough to share this between them? "Why does Lance need the medicine?"

Keith still had that same defiant look, something close to a glare pointed at us. "Ance is sad." What does he mean by sad? Before I could question him further, he leapt up and snatched the pills from Ulaz. The Galra in turn blinked once, surprise clear on his face. Keith was already out of the door and heading down the hallway, to the communication room I realized. I was first to stand and race to the doors of the pack room.