Chapter 42: To save him you must...

Alfor

after waking up I was confused. I remember Allura wiping me because of the bug in the system, so how am I here this very moment in time? I now have to focus on the hurt youngling and the regressing Kit.

I walk over to the pod the youngling is in and place my hand on it whilst adding some of my power into the pod (he is not Altean any more, he is an AI based on King Alfor with his memories), I know I am but a fraction of my former self but I will not sit back knowing I can help the boy. Once I put more energy into the pod it begins to glow before dying down after a few more ticks "Status update, pod will be done its healing process in 1 Varga" I hear the pod confirm I had sped up the process considerably. "Alfor...?" I hear my name being called in a questioning tone. I look over to find Lotor. "Lotor, how have you been?" he looks even more shocked than before, before exiting the med-bay. I chuckle to myself a little before going back to Coriak who is still asleep from his time in the pod. I stay with him, my gaze occasionally placed on the youngling who has yet to come out of his pod.

Lotor

I go into the med bay to see how Antor is doing to fin "Alfor...?" I call his name. He definitely looks my way "Lotor, how have you been?" no I must be imagining things again. i turn away from him and walk out of the med-bay. I must ask my Father. I walk towards where his and mothers room is located to find them both in there. "Father " he looks my way before nodding his head. "how is Alfor in the medbay?" he looks confused for a few ticks. "I see Melenor was able to revive his programming then." so father must have know he was in there or at least that he was not completely gone.

I thank him before leaving the room and walking towards the nest room. Once I was there I walk closer to the rest of the Kits and Younglings, to find them still fast asleep, nice to see they are still ok even though Antor was injured earlier. I still worry some times, even though I know they will be fine things just find a way of going wrong at this present moment in time. How can I stop worrying, they are our next generation. We must protect them with our lives. "LoLo?" I hear a soft voice call. I look over to find it is Marice. "what is the matter little one?" He looks over before bursting into tears. "we..re Ant?" he must be looking for Antor. "he's a little hurt at the moment, but he will be back soon..." Big mistake, he begins to cry even harder... "Wnt Anttt..." what should I do? I already made the situation even worse by telling him he was injured.

I hope this works... "Would you like to go visit him in the medbay?" he stops crying before nodding his head.

I pick him up before starting my journey to the medbay. He snuggles up tome before placing his head onto my shoulder. the journey there definitely felt longer than usual but we got there no less. Once there I take him to Antor's Pod and he uncurled himself from me and ran to his Pod crying. "me hewre..." he sat down in front of his Pod before placing his head in his knees as he continued to cry. "they have always been close like that..." I hear Coran say. "I know its just sad watching a Kit like him crying over his own soulmates injuries, he's just so young. Are we not meant to protect them?" there was a short pause before he answered "they may be young but you must remember they both grew up on Earth meaning they aged quicker than thy should have... we just need to give them time."

what does growing up have to with anything... I know it may be different on their Planet but do they not look after their young?

Marice

I want Lance, why was he the injured one? I get Coriak is his friend but he is my friend too... why couldn't it have been me. I snuggle up to the Pod he is in. I cant wait for him to come out of the pod. Before long I fall asleep in front of his pod bunched up with my head on his knees.

Zaraok

I walk towards the med by to find little Marice asleep in front of Antor's pod. I carefully pick him up avoiding the ledge from the table that was close by and walk out of the rom.  H e was clearly shaking in the Medbay all by himself. Someone was clearly there prior to this so I send a message out to everyone that he was with me. After all we have already had a hurt child, we don't want another.

Once at my room I set up a nest in the middle of my bed so I could comfort him in is sleep or when he wakes up as necessary. if I were to lie him down on the bed there is more of a chance of me not also waking up along with him, which is a big no in my eyes. After the nest was built I pick him up from where I had placed him previously (the couch) and placed him in the middle of the nest. I then snuggle up to him and fall asleep myself.

Marice

*flashback brought to you by your Author *

It feels so cold...all by myself. I can hear people speaking but I can not hear what they are saying. I'm so lonely by myself. I try to call out for someone but no one hears. I then collapse to the cold jet black floor. I try to warm myself up, but nothing seemed to work.

Out of nowhere it goes silent. No voices, only the echo of my own tears. I then get up but instantly fall to my knees.

I then hear voices again, this time I hear...

*Flashback ended... sorry my lovelies ;-;*

I jump up at the sudden shock as tears began streaming down my eyes. I don't want that... to be alone again, I cant stand being in that dark place again. It scares me just as much as it would anyone else.

Suddenly I feel someone or something shift underneath me. For a second i am petrified because it is dark and there is no familiar dim light of the makeshift nightlight from the nest room, worrying me even more, causing me to cry even harder. I feel a hand snake its way towards my head guided by my back and someone stroke my head before pulling me into their chest. "its ok young one, your safe... sleep a little longer" I then notice it was Lotor's brother Zaraok who has me, so I am completely safe. I let out a soft sigh before lying down for more, much needed rest.

Melenor

the words of my Husband continue to play in my head as I make my way to the med bay. I had just gotten a message from Zaraok to tell us Marice was with him so I don't need to worry for him it is my my youngest son i am most worried about. the words are constantly playing on loop

"To save him you must..."

________________________________________________________________________________

what did he say? well you gonna have to find out in the next chapter, sorry for the delay, i have major writers block atm and am struggling to think of things that should happen next without messing up the story or leave any of you uninterested...

your loving Author

Jess xx