Chapter 34: Good Dies Young, Evil Lives Forever

Warning: Issei x Ravel x Mythra x Raynare lemon in this chapter. Yes, we're having a foursome.

Issei's Dragons:

(Ddraig)

|Vritra|

/Midgardsormr/

Other Dragons:

[Albion]

{Bahamut telepathy}

'A character's thoughts/telepathic comm'

Chapter 34: Good Dies Young, Evil Lives Forever

Maou felt a surge of fear for the second time in his life, not from others but for his own safety. 'What is-'

The Doom Slayer charged forward, and before anyone could react, he grabbed the Demon King by the throat and slammed him against a wall, his shotgun barrel pressed against Maou's sternum.

Seeing this, Issei grabbed Emi's arms and restrained them.

"Let me go! Maou's my friend! He's going to kill him!"

"No, or else you will get killed, too."

Ashiya, having his foot planted against Lucifer's chest, who he was beating up, could only watch. He wanted to help, but his Overlord is being held hostage at gunpoint.

BANG!

Alucard attempted to shoot the Doom Slayer, aiming for the head, but the round merely bounced off like it was nothing. Not a single piece of his body is exposed as the Praetor suit did well to protect him. 

And even if the Praetor suit wasn't there, well... One may ask the few surviving Demons from their war with him about how their war went against a non-blessed-with-holy-powers Slayer. Even without his powers, the man is... no man. A god. He made his worst enemies worship him.

Issei gestured for the others to stay behind as he very slowly walked towards the Slayer. "Please calm down, Slayer. Maou may be a Demon King, but he has loved ones who needs him."

The Slayer looked at him in disbelief. 'How could a Demon have a family?! From my point of view, they're all evil!'

"If you kill him, think about what you will be doing to those who care about him, how broken they will be."

With a growl, the Slayer set the frightened Demon King down. 

But a voice in his head, the pact he made with God, was telling him to kill, so he resisted. 

God is dead, which is the only reason the Slayer still has the powers he was blessed with, and even without them, he is still a force not to be trifled with by anyone. 

He, a mere Human, in all his existence, is but an insult to all deities through his hard work beating their natural talent.

However, he chose to let these three Demons go if Issei insists.

But one last thing nagged him. He pointed at the destruction in the streets. 'Explain.'

VEGA said, "The Slayer wishes to know the cause of the damage done to downtown Kuoh when the Earthquake was only a magnitude 6.2 on the Richter scale. He says, 'What else could have done this other than Demons?' I also cannot find a scientific explanation considering that a few of those buildings have been destroyed, which should not have happened."