Chapter 3: Lone Wolf

Author's Note- Before I begin this chapter, I just want to say the reason I ship IsseixRaynare as my favorite High School DxD ship came from me thinking what could have been of their relationship? In canon, it is revealed that Issei is a dense protag because they put some cheap shit in there by saying that Raynare put a curse on Issei's heart before she died, which is such a stupid cop out. What would be the point of Issei still being in love with a girl that murdered him and a good friend of his many months later when she clearly showed no remorse whatsoever? I would like to think of what happened if she actually felt bad, and before Rias kills her, she accepts her imminent demise while telling Issei that she actually really enjoyed their date and that she killed him because of my fanfic's plot, which is that she was forced by Kokabiel, and that would be a good reason for Issei to still love her many months after her death. Like, I get so frustrated with the canon story details because I feel like the author of the source material is just saying, "Devils and Angels Good! Fallen Angels Bad!" It reminds me of Harry Potter with J.K. Rowling's extreme prejudice against any student in the Slytherin household; the evil of a few cannot represent the whole picture, and I wish the author of High School DxD told that exact moral through Raynare by making her only slightly evil but still a victim instead of pure evil for no fucking reason, which is what I am doing here since Issei's blood is on her hands, but in this story, she never wanted to kill him and was forced to by Kokabiel. If Raynare is killed by Rias while showing true guilt and that she may have had feelings for Issei, then that would be a good reason for Issei to be traumatized and for him to hate himself to an extent. Otherwise, what purpose does canon Raynare serve at all? Fanservice and forcing Issei into the supernatural world? That's it? 

Anyway, I am completely skipping the training for the rating game and Riser arc because they are focused on Rias, and she is boring as shit. Rias only kisses him on the cheek as a friendly gesture at the end instead of the lips. 

('Ddraig speaking telepathically')

("Ddraig talking out loud")

['Albion speaking telepathically']

["Albion talking out loud"]

'A character's thoughts'

Chapter 3: Lone Wolf

Timeskip A Few Weeks

Issei had been training with Rias' peerage like crazy and had freed the redhead of her arranged marriage by kicking Riser's ass. Vali and Irina trained with them too. The only member of Riser's family that was upset was his father, and from Rias' side, her parents regretted their decision to try to force such a relationship on their daughter. 

A week had passed since Issei crashed the would-be wedding. Two new people joined the ORC, one of which Issei saw at the church when they rescued Raynare. There names are Xenovia Quartet and Gasper Vladi. 

The bell rung as school came to an end, and Issei said his goodbyes to his friends since Rias wanted to talk to him in the ORC. Even Murayama waved at him shyly, to which he did the same as he made his way out, earning many looks from his fellow female classmates. 

Arriving at the ORC Issei was about to open the door when he heard a conversation about him. Issei was surprised to hear an unfamiliar girl's voice until it dawned on him. It was Ravel Phenex, Riser's little sister. To him, she seemed like a nice person, but he wasn't sure what else to make of her.