Chapter 9: Change

('Ddraig speaking telepathically')

("Ddraig talking out loud")

['Albion speaking telepathically']

["Albion talking out loud"]

{'Bahamut speaking telepathically'}

'A character's thoughts'

Chapter 9: Change

Titan

"That was beyond pathetic, Indra." Satan snarled at the now healed and recovering Hindu god, who quivered in fear. "Why were you stupid enough to challenge a well-trained Heavenly Dragon to a battle?" 

Indra, who was currently kneeling, was about to protest. "In a fight to the death-"

"YOU WOULD HAVE DIED!" Satan screamed, his demonic voice terrifying all present except for Thanos, who also looked angry but with a much larger control over his emotions than his partner. 

Thanos sighed. "Reality... is often disappointing."

"Again, I must ask, why did you challenge the Red Dragon Emperor?" Satan growled.

Indra looked away with a scowl. "I hate Dragons. A long time ago, I had evil plans set forth that I thought were perfect, plans to defeat Shiva in a coup once and for all. However, they were foiled by a female user of the Boosted Gear. The worst part is that such results weren't even the intention of this woman, even though she was my enemy, but she barely tried. I led an army of Hindu gods, my brethren, marching them across major cities from south-western China to northern Tibet on my way to Mount Kailash, and we massacred so many innocent people to try to lure Shiva out. Unfortunately, Shiva never came, and the Sekiryuutei at the time showed up, claiming that it was her duty to protect the innocent and that she would punish us for our crimes. We never stood a chance against her." 

Satan's eyes widened a little. The Sekiryuutei, no matter which generation, is far more powerful than he initially thought. "Then perhaps our best course of action, should we attack anyone, is to steer clear of the Heavenly Dragons. Do you know what this woman's name was? What happened to her?" 

Flashback Hundreds of Years Ago

A million men marched down hills and into towns, raping, murdering, and pillaging entire towns. The line of soldiers, led by thousands of their gods, went for miles beyond the horizon to the naked eye. In the middle, Indra sat in a carriage being carried by his slaves as he sipped tea. 

The strategy was perfect. A rumor that Shiva would be away putting down a rebellion against the current dynasty in China was confirmed to be true. The only powerful deity currently in Mount Kailash is Vishnu. 

This is the 5th town they've attacked, all the previous ones being burnt to the ground. The horsemen went ahead of everyone else, attacking anyone on the streets while the archers covered them. One soldier beheaded an elderly man, who used his body to shield a child. Buildings were set ablaze, cooking dozens of people alive. 

"Come here, little lady!" A group of knights grabbed a beautiful Muslim woman, forcing her to the ground, causing her hijab to fall off her head. The soldiers removed pieces of their armor as their commanding officer, a man with a large mustache wearing a turban, spoke. "We need to satiate our primal lust, and what better way but to do it in battle? We're far from civilized society, meaning no one can punish us for our deeds here. So this technically isn't a crime if no one knows or cares to help, right? HAHAHAHA!"