Chapter 15: Training Part 2 of 14 - 117

This is one of my shortest chapters yet, but I think I did a pretty good job writing it. :) Please vote and comment so that more people can see this story.

('Ddraig speaking telepathically')

("Ddraig talking out loud")

['Albion speaking telepathically']

["Albion talking out loud"]

{'Bahamut speaking telepathically'}

'A character's thoughts'

Chapter 15: Training Part 2 of 14 - 117

Day 2 of 120 Training Days

On the second day, the Chief taught the group the phonetic alphabet, which Chief figured they could use to confuse enemies since they're dealing with the supernatural who may be unfamiliar with such jargon. He also had them learn the basics of gun safety with keeping a weapon pointed away from other people at all times as well as being aware of their surroundings. They may not be using guns, but the same basic concept applies with sharp melee weapons such as swords, spears, daggers, and even scythes.

Then, John taught them basic military terminology, such as Line of Fire, Take Point, Rear Guard, Flank, Diversion, Covering fire, Sound Off, Oscar Mike, Friend Or Foe, Seek and Destroy, Hold The Line, Torch and Burn/Scorched Earth, Guerilla Warfare, Spray and Pray, Weapons Free, Collateral, Casualty, War Crime, Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition (FUBAR), and a few others.

Luckily for Murayama, she didn't miss much on the first day since she knows most of this.

Day 3 of 120 Training Days

The trainees thought they would continue learning more vocabulary, but when they arrived at the training facility, it was closed, so they made their way to the soccer field only to find a large, rectangular wall covering most of the field with a single doorway in the middle facing them without a door, instead covered by a black curtain.

Looking at the wall, Issei began narrating. "On that day, Humanity received a grim reminder that-" (40)

He was cut off by Vali. "No."

"But-"

"That anime is good, but there are so many better ones out there."

The girls listened to their conversation with amusement as Issei gave him that annoyed look. Yes, you know the one. "Let me guess, Naruto is your favorite anime?"

"Ew."

"Then what is?"

"Sword Art Online." Issei was about to tell him to get out when Vali cackled. "I'm kidding! My favorite anime is My Hero Academia. Sword Art Online is garbage aside from the first season."

"Agreed."

"I, the author, also agree."

Arisu turned to Kuroka. "Did ya hear somethin'?"

"Nya? Nyo."

They waited a few minutes, and the Chief arrived.

"Today, I want to put you kids and your knowledge to the test, a practical test." Said the Chief, now fully armored. "There will be two different trials I'm putting you through. I will explain the second one later, but the first one is a simple time trial. I will be partnering all of you with one person except Issei Hyoudou since there are eleven of you. There are 16 targets and eight hostages in this course. Be precise, because if you hit any civvies, three seconds will be added to your final time for each. You are not allowed to use any superpowers to boost your speed except any magic for the purpose of killing such as projectiles, fireballs, etc. Trust me, I will know if you're cheating. The team with the fastest time is the winner while the slower ones will be left with much to work with. Any questions?"