Chapter 11: Rescue The Little Sister - Part 2 of 2

('Ddraig speaking telepathically')

("Ddraig talking out loud")

['Albion speaking telepathically']

["Albion talking out loud"]

{'Bahamut speaking telepathically'}

'A character's thoughts'

Chapter 11: Rescue The Little Sister - Part 2 of 2

John turned serious, as if he were being briefed on a new mission. Issei Hyoudou is an ally, not his Commanding Officer, but after nearly four decades of military service, this kind of behavior, being able to snap to focus on a dime, was second nature to the soldier. After all, he was kidnapped at an age of six to be indoctrinated and trained for eight years of his life to become something no special forces, or in his case, no ordinary marine or ODST could hope to be: a Spartan II. 

His training, combined with the augmentations they injected into him, gave him faster reflexes than almost anyone in every facet of his life, the ability to see in the dark, indestructible bones, and superhuman strength and speed. The only one who is faster than him is his old friend and fellow Spartan, Kelly. 

"I don't think we will ever be able to return to our universe. The Arbiter and I are willing to help you, Hyoudou. What about you, Slayer?"

He received a nod. All three are sick of sitting around, itching for a fight. War is all they have ever known. 

VEGA's chimed in, "My core-processing capabilities far exceed that of any machinery, robot, or AI in this universe, even you Cortana, no offense intended." 

"None taken," Responded the female AI.

"I am able to use nanomachines to create ammunition and weaponry for all three of you without limit. If you have any specific tools you prefer, please let me know, and I would be happy to assist." 

Issei quirked an eyebrow. "You mean you're able to make weapons out of nothing? How does that even work?"

"I am not quite sure myself. Usually, since I am the creation of a brilliant scientist in Dr. Samuel Hayden, whom the Slayer and I worked alongside, I do tend to think more scientifically than anything, as I am meant to provide theories and hypotheses. However, I do have a feeling that there is something more mysterious to my many abilities than just mere science. How is it possible that I am able to create something out of nothing by bypassing the Law of Equivalent Exchange (23)?"

Everyone fell deep in thought, pondering VEGA's deeply philosophical question.

"Did you, an emotionless AI, just make an anime reference?!" Issei shouted.

VEGA continued. "Moving on to more important matters, let's focus on helping you rescue your friend's sister. You, Issei Hyoudou, are the expert in the supernatural beings you speak of, as the five of us sitting over here are completely clueless in this field. I, for one, do not intend to provoke celestial wrath (24)."

Issei chuckled at VEGA's last sentence. "Very well. I will now brief you on the situation."

He told them everything that he knows about the supernatural starting with the Great War to today.

Doom Slayer gave Issei a fierce look. 'I want to kill these Devils you speak of.'

VEGA announced, "It seems the Slayer wishes to slaughter the Devils. Be advised, stay away from the Slayer when he's angry."