Prologue

Volume 001: The Beginning

"Every hero's journey begins with a single step, or in this case, a single redheaded manipulative Devil."

Table of Contents:

Prologue

Chapter 1: Newbie

(Ddraig talking)

[Albion talking]

Prologue

A 7 year old child with messy brown hair was sitting on a swing at the playground by himself. This child is none other than Issei Hyoudou. He looked around, observed dozens of other children playing with each other with a longing look in his eyes, and then looked back down dejectedly. Issei sighed. He always knew he was different than other kids, but he couldn't help but feel sad over how no one wanted to befriend him. They were all scared of him, and he didn't understand why.

Flashback

It was the start of the school year. Issei was in gym class and everyone was told to play basketball in teams. One team had to wear colored jerseys while the other didn't. Issei was put on the colored jersey team.

Issei's eyes twinkled in excitement. He knew this was his moment to shine and show everyone how cool he could be.

The ball was tipped, and the jersey squad won as the ball went to Issei. Immediately, Issei ran towards the opposing team's hoop, dribbling fast, keeping the ball out of the reach of the other team.

Issei leapt. He caught the ball out of the air and slam dunked it into the hoop, an alley-oop play.

"Let's go!" Issei cheered.

For the rest of the match, Issei was a one man army. He was in the zone (2) and carried his team to victory. He thought someone would approach him and say something like, "That was amazing! Can you teach me how to play?"

Unfortunately for him, no such words came. To his shock, all the other students, even the teacher, glared at him out of fear. Issei had no idea why.

Flashback End

"Hey there! Mind if I sit next to you?" A girl suddenly asked.

Issei looked up at her in surprise. She had long light brown hair tied into twintails and violet colored eyes, smiling at him expectantly. Issei smiled back and nodded. "Oh! Sure thing!"

She happily took a seat on the swing next to him, kicking her feet and humming to herself. "My name is Irina Shidou. What's your name?"

Issei smiled politely yet shyly. "Issei Hyoudou. It is nice to meet you, Irina."

Irina beamed. "What are you doing out here by yourself, Issei?"

Issei turned his face away and frowned. He didn't want the first person he could potentially be friends with to reject him too. "I... I don't have any friends. No one wants to be friends with me. For reasons I wish I knew, everyone is scared of me."

Irina smiled sadly. "That's too bad. You seem like such a nice person. Alright!" She exclaimed, standing up and turning towards him with a determined smile, placing her hands on her hips in a sassy manner. "It's settled, then. I will be your friend, Issei."