Chapter 13: Hell In Kuoh

('Ddraig speaking telepathically')

("Ddraig talking out loud")

['Albion speaking telepathically']

["Albion talking out loud"]

{'Bahamut speaking telepathically'}

'A character's thoughts'

Chapter 13: Hell In Kuoh

Azazel was scrolling through a datapad given to him by Gabriel that contained information on the Khaos Brigade. He had no idea how she obtained it, but all he knew is that she is the primary source and that the Seraphim said that she will reveal confidential information on what happened if Issei doesn't since Issei was involved.

His phone alerted him of a notification. Checking it, he saw a text message from Issei that read, 'We need to talk right now, Azazel. It's important. Bring Baraqiel with you. I have very good news.'

Azazel, raising an eyebrow, texted him back. 'Alright. Be right there.'

Issei's House

Issei lay on the rooftop watching the few visible stars on this clear evening. Lately, he had been very busy dealing with everything that came immediately after Koneko's rescue and rarely found time to relax.

"Yo Issei!"

He turned his head at the sound of the voice as well as the sound of wings flapping. Azazel had arrived along with Baraqiel, the two Fallen landing on his rooftop. 

Issei stood up as they followed him. He jumped off the rooftop and opened the front door. "Come inside. Can I get either of you gentlemen anything to drink?"

Baraqiel was nervous, sensing Akeno's presence inside as well as a few other Fallen Angels. "N-No... I'm fine, thank you."

Azazel shook his head. He looked around and commented as they walked. "I see that you have made a huge home."

He wasn't kidding. The main staircase is massive with bright red decorative carpet covering most of it with a chandelier hanging above it. Both sides of the staircase have a big sculpture of a Dragon on the pedestals, one representing Ddraig and the other Albion. The staircase splits into two more staircases at the top, and in the middle of those paths is a golden sculpture Arisu requested be made of her father, Bahamut, in his Dragon form. The upstairs corridors are huge too. In total, the home covers an area of 12,000 square feet of private property. 

Issei chuckled. "It's a little bigger than what you see in most homes, but that's only because so many people live here, specifically a total of fourteen people. We also have three cats with us since one of my Pawns is their owner. Everyone is upstairs doing their own thing."

"Does Akeno live here too?" Baraqiel asked. "I sense her presence. I also sense another Dragon here." 

"Yes, she does. That Dragon you sense is the White Dragon Emperor Vali Lucifer, who is a good friend of mine. I will explain why Akeno isn't with Rias Gremory anymore later. Right now, there is something you need to know."

They sat down on a couch in the living room. 

Issei looked at them. "Kokabiel is dead. I killed him, the traitorous rat he was. He worked for the Khaos Brigade, and as you already know, he was trying to restart the Great War. His method for doing so involved the Holy Swords, but I was able to kill him easily. Five of the eight Holy Swords are now in possession of me plus another one belonging to my Rook, Irina Shidou, meaning my peerage has six in total."