- 76 -

- arabella -

I stare at the ceiling as Samuel babbled away, his voice off in the distance as I concentrated on the rectangles.

I wondered where Zayn was, if he had really left or if he stayed. If he asked for me, about me or the baby.

Being shaken off my thoughts, the bed was being sit up and Samuel was holding out a big cup of water and ice. He had a small smile, "If your blood pressure goes up, we can go home."

"I don't wanna go home." I frown moving to lay on my side, giving him my back. I had a beautiful view of the city from my room, the lake in the distance. "Plus, the cold hurts my teeth."

He groans loudly and dramatically, setting the cup on the tray and going around to sit on the couch, moving the pillows and blankets he had used during the night.

"Well, I want to go home, Bella." He states with a glare, continuing to throw his head back and close his eyes while rubbing his temples. "Taking care of you is exhausting."

I frowned opening my mouth to insult him back, but a new voice cutting me off. "Imagine taking care of you two."

Sitting up and looking at the new person, I frown at the sight of her. Taking the pillow, I chuck it towards Samuel. "Why'd you have to call her!?"

"Would you rather have him call mom?" Sitting at the end of the bed, Regina asks while crossing her arms. I look over at her, frowning and shaking my head. "And where is this...Zayn?"

Feeling my throat being knotted, I shrugged my head and looked down at the sheets, letting Samuel recount the night. "He's in England. It was just a panic attack."

Regina shook her head as she got up, "This time is 'just a panic attack', next time who knows."

"It was just a panic attack." I say rolling my eyes, taking the bed remote and putting it down so I could be more comfortable. "Don't be so dramatic."

"Says the one who panicked to the point of ending up in the hospital." Regina spits back as she roams through the overnight bag I had packed, taking out leggings as well as a long sleeve and cardigan. "Let's get you changed."

"The doctor hasn't admitted me out." I frown shaking my head, continuing to watch her take out a pair of underwear and my bra. "Hey, stop it."

Regina seemed to ignore all my pleads, going to the bathroom and turning on the water as she walked back out to pull off the bedsheets.  "Remember a year ago when you took shrooms and thought you were dying?"

Samuel laughed loudly, putting down his phone and nodding his head. "When she called accused Younes of seducing her best friend?"

"Yes." Regina laughed too, taking the remote from my hands and sitting me up. "I have the authority to make any decisions if you aren't mentally capable of doing the right decision."

Being walked over to the bathroom, she closed the door behind us and began to take off the hospital gown. Smacking her hands off me, I held the gown close to my body. "Who the fuck gave you that authority!?"

"You did." She huffs turning around to let me get inside the shower, "See? You don't even remember, which is why I'm here."

"Fuck you." I groan, beginning to peel off the stickers around my chest. "I'm not flying to New York. And I want you to cancel the baby shower."

"Jesus christ, Arabella." Regina cusses as she opens the shower curtain, glaring at me as I turn my back to her and splash her water for her to get away. "You have to start thinking about your child! It isn't just you anymore."

I wish it was.

Saying nothing else to her, I grab the shampoo and conditioner she had handed to me, scrubbing my body the best I could with the cloths and soap. Drying my body off, I wrap my hair with the towel and put the bra on.

"Get out the shower if you're not gonna let me help you put on your underwear." She instructs, looking down at her phone as I step out onto the towel on the floor and dressed all the way. "I told mom and dad what happened and updated Olly—Tabitha wants to talk when she has her break."

"Fuck Tabitha." I muttered, sitting on the toilet to dry my feet off before putting on the hospital socks and then my crocs. "She probably only wants to know the gossip."

Regina inhaled loudly, opening the door and walking away. Clearly done with my comments—I didn't cared either way.

"I'd figured while you guys stayed in my place, I could stay in yours. Huh, Bella?" Samuel says as he stands by the door with my duffle bag on his shoulder, playing with his car keys. "Please tell me you still have your...y'know."

"I don't have weed." I roll my eyes, holding back a groan when he pushed a wheelchair towards me. I shake my head, following Regina that had left the room first. She was by the station, signing final papers and thanking everyone before directing us to the elevator. "Thank you."

I waved at the nurses that had taken care of me and then got inside, leaning on the wall as Samuel talked about the cute blonde one who had given him her number.

"Samuel, go get the car." Regina cuts him off with arms still crossed and frown, giving him a look and making me sit on a bench by the door. "I'm going to have a one on one with Zayn, I don't care if you like it or not."

"It isn't your problem." I say looking away from her, not wanting to look into her judging eyes anymore. "I don't know why you're even here."

"Because he isn't." She spits back going to the tall windows, probably seeing if anyone had recognized us enough to contact the paps. "If that isn't a problem to you, then I don't know how that child is going—"

"Aren't you one to talk?" Feeling my hands begin to shake, I tell her trying to be calm. If it wasn't for me being pregnant, I would have jumped on her. "Being pregnant at eighteen and a single mother, isn't that something, Regina?"

"A mother at eighteen?" Her face was beginning to get red and she leaned down, almost shoving her face in mine as she glared. "I was a mother since you little fuckers were born!"

"It isn't my fault you were born first!" I cut her off, shoving her face away from mine. "You're the one who keeps coming back—"

"And you're the one who keeps fucking up!" She says louder, putting a finger to my face. Luckily, no one was around to witness our meltdown—my meltdown as I felt tears in my eyes. "Your baby daddy is in love with somebody else, yet you keep throwing yourself in front of him trying to make him stay. Its better to be alone, than to be with bad company."

My chest felt like it did when I passed out last time, but this time, I exploded in tears.

Shoving her away from me when she tired to hug me, I saw Samuel walking in through tears and ran to him. "Take me home."