-68-

- arabella -

After ten full minutes of changing my position in bed, I had finally found the perfect spot-one where the baby was happy and not kicking like crazy. Sighing in content and smiling at Zayn, I yawn and closed my eyes. "Goodnight."

"I'm glad you're not tossing around." He says chuckling, leaning in to leave a kiss on my temple, his breath chocolatey. "Night, doll."

Chocolatey-my favorite candy that luckily for me, went with everything. Beverage, bread, pancakes, and cookies. Cookies.

Feeling my eyes widen, I gasp and hit his shoulder. Sitting up in bed, I hit his shoulder again. "What?"

"The fucking cookies!" I yell as I shoot up from the bed-as best as I could with the big bulge of a stomach I had-and fast walked my way back to the kitchen. "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."

Various scenarios of possible ways the house could burn down came through my head, some of them involving death and others laughter because of my mistake. I hoped for the latter.

Finally getting to the kitchen, I took in a deep breath and exhaled it out loudly, leaning on the counter for support at the sight of no fire or smoke anywhere in the room. "Thank you, Jesus!"

"Or me." Zayn said from behind, looking out of breath as well. He shook his head, picking up a baked cookie and waving it in front of me. "I turned off the oven and took them out."

"Jeez, my hero." I reply back with a roll of eyes, taking the cookie and biting it. The cookie crumbling inside of my mouth and the chocolate still a bit hot, it was the perfect mixture. "Oh God, these are amazing!"

"That's because I baked them." Zayn laughs, taking a bunch of them and beginning to guide me back to our room-munching on them on our way there. "Is the baby bothering you?"

"Yes." I exhaled again, rubbing where the kicking was coming from and frowning. I still hadn't gotten used to feeling kicks inside of me, the worst part was that they were starting to hurt. "And she's also pressing on my bladder."

"Doesn't that mean she's growing?" He asks entering our room, closing the door after me. "Do I need to start buying diapers for you as well?"

"Ew!" I laugh, sitting in my spot and taking a cookie from his hand. "And yes, I guess she is growing, but it fucking hurts, bro!"

Zayn almost choked on the treat, turning to me with a glare and shaking his head slightly, voice low and serious. "Don't call me bro!"

"Why not?" I ask frowning, having enough of the sweets and laying down. "You are my bro."

"No," He shakes his head, "I'm the father of your child."

Cracking up laughing, I almost peed my pants at his thought of process-his face making it even more hilarious. "Can't you be my baby daddy and my bro at the same time?"

"No!" He shakes his head, "Niall is your bro. I'm not."

"So I'm not your bro?" I ask faking a frown, the way he sighed loudly and slumped his shoulders making me laugh again. "Come on! Please let us be bros!"

He just sat there eating his cookies, shaking his head as I continued laughing. I settled down before I actually peed myself and took a look at him, once again admiring him and all of his beauty.

He was too good to be true. Perfect inside and out.

"I thought of a name." Whispering and laying besides me, he turned the light off as he snuggled into my side, rubbing my belly. He lay his head on my chest, kissing the top of my breasts and then looking up. "Was gonna give it to you as a Christmas present."

I crack a smile, not daring to look down at him because of my double chin, so I just let my hands rest on his back. "And why are you telling it to me now?"

His fingers poked the spots where she was kicking, chuckling a bit. "Because we're bros now."

Holding back a squeal, I finally looked down at him and grabbed his face, pulling it up to mine and giving him a kiss, actually happy that he admitted it.

"Really?" I ask against his lips, pulling his face away from mine just enough to look at him in the eye without being crossed eyed. He nodded back, lips still puckered. I kissed his cheek and push him back again, "Tell me."

He chuckled back, pecking my lips and pushing his chest down on mine, holding his weight on his hands besides me. "Zoe."

My heart fluttered at the name, a wave of emotion rushing over me. I felt my lips quiver and my eyes began to sting, his smile growing bigger only making me burst out crying.

Although my brain hadn't processed it fully, I knew I loved it. I loved the name and I loved him-love him.

"Its beautiful." I whisper on his lips, kissing him and hugging him. Sitting up, he pulled me to his side, hands back on the bump. "I love it."

He hummed, "I was hoping you would." He traced his fingers around my belly button, "Middle name?"

I shake my head, frowning a bit. "No middle names."

"Why not?" He asks, eyes droopy a bit with sleep. His yawn made me yawn, a light chuckle erupting from him. "Could name her after you."

"Fuck no." I snorted, watching him close his eyes and yawn again. "Can we keep it as only Zoe right now?"

He hummed back, pulling his hands off my body and snuggling them into himself-kinda positioned like a fetus. "Okay, doll."

"We'll tell them tomorrow." I whisper, turning to face him and brushing his hair back, lightly tracing his face. "Get some sleep, bro."

A smile was pulled on his lips, a sleepy laugh coming from him as he snuggled deeper into the mattress. "I love you, bro."

-

[ hello 😌
and
goodbye ☺️ ]