- 83 -

- arabella -

"And Zayn?"

Although this event was supposed to be all about me and Kiwi, the only thing everyone seemed to have in mind was Zayn.

I smiled at my aunt, trying to think of a good excuse to give her. "Um, he had an emergency back in London."

"Emergency?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and a little smirk forming. By the way she shifted forward and dropped her voice, I knew what she was about to say was something bad. "That's what your uncle used to say and nine months later," Pointing back at her step-daughter, she sighs. "she became my new daughter."

I swallowed back any comments, giving her tight smile and letting her excuse herself, leaving my side to speak to her sister.

"I can't believe she showed up." Regina commented while sipping on her cocktail, looking at the sisters look around probably exchanging rumors of the other guests. "I thought Felicia was getting marry today..."

I scoff, shaking my head and turning to the supposedly 'bride' already drinking her fifth shot since she arrived-two hours ago.

"Marry? Her two boyfriends worked in the same building!" I exclaim, taking a treat from the table and beginning to slowly eat it. "I'm still impressed she managed to fool them for three years."

Regina laughed, seeing a new set of guests arrive and immediately running over to greet them. I blew a raspberry, slowly walking to the stairs and disappearing up them when no one else was looking.

I had cried all morning about Zayn and why he had gone missing, it was up to the point where I felt that I no longer had any tears left.

Although I had decided to just block him out and become a single mother, my mind always drifted to him.

Sitting in my bed, I grab my phone from where it was charging and went to his contact, not knowing if I really wanted to call him or not.

I had messaged him last night that today was our baby shower, but I never got a reply. It made me sad how quickly it seemed for him to just cut me off completely.

Pressing onto the call button, I put the phone up my ear and tried my luck, breathing in and out the way I was taught in those stupid classes his mom, Trisha, made me take.

Just thinking about his family made me sad, I know they would of wanted to be here. Specially Trisha, she tried to call me once a day but since our schedules were so different, we would only have one or two days that we caught each other.

As for Waliyha, she had definitely warmed up to me more, sending me messages every morning and asking how we were as well as asking for bump updates.

Doniya and Safaa would send me a message here and there, both busy with their own lives. Doniya was working the business very well and had meetings almost every day, and Safaa was planning her engagement party.

The line rang for the fourth time and that's when I knew that he wasn't going to answer. Swallowing back any tears, I quickly hung up and tossed my phone to a side, working on my breathing with every step I took to head on downstairs.

My moms eyes lay on me when she saw me enter the living room and immediately made her way to me, grabbing my elbow and beginning to drag me.

"Someone is here to see you." She says with a big smile, stopping us once we were getting closer to the indoor garden the house had-where the party mainly was-and began to fix any flyaways I had. "Be nice to him, he traveled all the way from Europe just to bring you a present."

My heart warmed just a little bit, hoping that this 'him' was the 'him' I was thinking of and wanted it to be. I knew I shouldn't have lost hope in him, that he'd eventually show.

"Him?" I ask with a smile, seeing just how happy my mom was. Looking past her and to a mirror hanging, I fixed any smudges I had from my makeup as well as fixed my dress. "I don't smell bad?"

My mom chuckled, smoothing out any wrinkles and shaking her head. "You smell fine. Let's not keep him waiting."

Rushing behind her, I could feel my palms begin to sweat and the baby move. This excitement also clouded my mind, I forgot how awful he had made me feel and how much I had cried for him.

Seeing a crowd, my excitement grew even more, my family was already greeting him and welcoming him. Even though I disliked half of my aunts and uncles and cousins, I knew how important having him be well liked by everyone was-because of business mostly.

Stopping before entering the crowd, I took in a deep breath to calm myself and not make a fool out of myself, trying to recollect every thought and also my feelings.

Stepping forward, I smile at everyone as they moved, their happy faces making me even happier. They love him.

Getting to the very front, I felt every cell in me freeze, the 'him' I had thought showed up for me was not really 'him'.

My heart fell and all I could do was just stand there, looking up at the tall brunette who had a big smile and held a teddy bear.

Looking into his eyes, suddenly turned everyone around us invisible, it made them disappear. Memories of when we were younger passed my mind and all I could feel was overwhelmed.

I was now forced to act overjoyed and not shocked like I truly was. All I wanted to do was throw up and cry until I was passed out asleep.

"Hi..." I chocked out, stepping forwards and letting him take me into his arms. "Bill..."

He chuckled, kissing my temple and smiling down at me. "You weren't expecting me, where you?" I knew he could tell what I was feeling, to which he just hugged me again before bringing up the teddy bear. "I got your little girl something."

Taking the bear from him, there was a note attached to it, but before I could open it to read it, Regina cleared her throat and stepped in, announcing that we were beginning to do the baby shower games.

The guests all followed her, leaving us behind to be alone. Kiwi began to move a little more, beginning to kick more than usual-maybe it was because of the sudden excitement.

I placed a hand on where she kicked and exhaled, it was still an uncomfortable feeling, being kicked from the inside.

"Does it hurt?" Bill asked staying in place, hands in his pockets swaying slightly. "When she kicks you?"

"Erm, no." I laugh a little, exhaling a bit and going to take a seat. "It's just a bit...weird." Seeing him take a seat besides me and looking at the belly, I smile over at him and point at my belly. "You want to feel?"

He cleared his throat, scooting over the edge and going to place his hand on my belly. I smile at him, watching his eyes widen at the kicks.

Feeling him move his hand gently around, I closed my eyes and relaxed, only hoping for the man touching me to be Zayn.

-

[ hi loves, big apologies for being an ass & not uploading!!! but here it is(: ]

[( also, lets show Zayn some support about the situation w/ miss hadid ... i hope everything clears up )]