- 72 -

- arabella -

We entered the venue, seeing everyone's excited faces holding back smiles as I slowly take off the blindfold. Stepping back, I grin as a chorus of 'Surprise!' sounded throughout the room, Zayn gasping and looking around.

"Happy birthday!" His mom was the first to step up, various flashes going off and cheers as Zayn hugs his mom and then puts his arm out back and around my waist, pulling me to his other side. "Oh, my babies!"

"Mum, not is not the time to cry." Waliyha says over the chatter, everyone slowly beginning to spread around. "Wait until later."

"You did this?" Zayn asked turning to me, giving my cheek a small kiss before being pulled into a bro hug by Liam. "Thanks, mate."

He was pulled around to each boy, chuckling slightly at their birthday wishes. Grabbing his hand, I pull him over to the first table, interrupting some friends from eating as they wished him the best.

"Sorry but we have to greet everyone." I frown as he started to look a bit overwhelmed, squeezing his hand and stopping from reaching his aunties table. "Do you want to take a breather?"

"No, I'm just...just amazed that everyone came for my birthday." He says after a few deep breaths, eyes twinkling as he looked around. Clearing his throat and fixing his shirt, he grabbed my hand again and smiled. "Let's talk to the aunties."

Walking over to them, I tried my best to not get anxious when they rubbed my belly. It felt great, but I was never used to so many belly rubs.

They gushed over how grown and handsome Zayn had become and shared childhood stories, going from embarrassing ones to cute ones and eventually ending with our baby.

"Oh, she's going to be gorges, I can tell!" Auntie Amal boosts, having her hand under my belly as her other two sisters have theirs on top and on a side. "Have you guys thought of any names yet?"

"We have one." Zayn slowly says, pulling me another inch closer to him. Once his auntie Luz had released him from her arms, he had pulled me inch by inch closer to him. He looked at me, to which I nodded back. "Zoe."

"I love it!" Auntie Jamila exclaimed, already tipsy off the mimosas. She slapped her free hand on the table and giggled at the loud bang, some eyes watching us before going back to whatever they were doing. "Zoe Malik. Beautiful."

Auntie Luz rolled her eyes, being the first to pull her hand away from the belly and leaning down to give it a quick kiss. "It's beautiful. I have to go get myself a water...and maybe one for my sister."

"I need a...what's it called?" Auntie Amal asks taking her hand off as well, standing up and wobbling a bit. "Sex on the sea?"

"Beach!" Auntie Jamila corrected her, using Luz to get herself up and kissing Zayn's cheek aggressively. "See you two later."

We watch them walk off, pulling Trisha along and squeezing their way to the front of the bar line. Finally letting out the laugh I was holding in, I look back at Zayn. "I aspire to be them."

"Please don't." Zayn says back cringing, finally pulling us to the last table—my siblings. "It won't be good for Zoe and I."

Before I could reply, Sammy had gotten over to us. "The shots have been waiting an eternity for you, man."

"Oh, thank you, but I'm not drinking tonight." Zayn shakes his head, pushing the shot in Sammy's hand back. "Take one for me."

"Yeah, you're full of shit." Sammy exclaims back shoving the shot to Zayn's hand. He grabbed his and caught the attention of Olly and Regina. "To the new and future new Astor members."

"Go ahead." I nod as Zayn takes a glance at me, taking the shot at the countdown. Sammy ran away for another round while Olly and Regina wished Zayn a happy birthday. "Haven't seen you two in a while."

"We heard about Zoe." Regina says as she leans down to kiss the belly. "It's a cute name, Bells." She straightens up as Olly begins to rub the belly. "Have you guys thought of where she'll be born?"

I held in my breath as I look back over at him, shaking my head the same time he did. "She'll be born in whatever city I'm at."

Olly chuckled, sarcastically of course. "Mi cielo, you won't be able to travel anytime soon." He straightens up as well,  "I recommend New York. It's cool when you say your child was born in the big apple."

"And basic." Sammy mutters rolling his eyes, scaring us at his sudden appearance. He set the tray down, handing out the shots and lime slices. "No baby talk. It's Zayn's night and as a responsible brother-in-law and uncle of his child, I will get fucked up with him. To Zayn!"

-

bellaastor Birthday Boy🥳

Liked by bellahadid, liampayne, kyliejenner, and 928,018 others

View all 728,9173 comments

-