- 16 -

- arabella -

"Aren't you going to record it?" With a raised eyebrow, Daniel asked. He popped a grape into his mouth, slowly swinging side to side on the stool. "It'll be cute and more film for Tyler to work with."

As of now, I was sitting in the kitchen counter while Fai cooked, Luka test tasted it, and Daniel just talked. The three of them informing me about their friend Tyler and how good he was at making small films.

"What if his reaction is bad?" I ask out loud, eating the fifth kiwi in the past hour. "What if he... he storms out? It won't be cute."

"He'll be an idiot for that." Fai finally speaks, turning the stove off and serving the food on plates. "Show him the heartbeat-"

"Yes, the heartbeat video!" Luka exclaimed, taking a piece of chicken and moaning when he threw it into his mouth. "Who knew you could be such a great cook, Fai!"

The two began to wrestle, the taller boy being careful to not ruin his 'masterpiece'.

"I'm just going to set up the camera, okay? You can watch the footage and tell us if its good or bad." Daniel announces, pushing the bowl of grapes away from him and jumping off the stool. "How much longer do we have?"

Looking over at the clock, I almost chocked on the kiwi when I saw the time. "Literally twenty three minutes!"

The three boys began to run around, Fai and Luka cleaning the mess in the kitchen up, and Daniel setting up a camera he brought. I went up to my room, taking off the oversized shirt covered in toothpaste and guac and beginning to look for a cute outfit.

Sliding on a white sweater and some black ripped jeans, I also put on a pair of black booties. While I was applying some mascara on, Daniel burst in.

"Baby doll, everything is set up!" He says out of breath, coming in and kissing my cheek. The other two tumble in as well. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call us, okay?"

"Yeah." Luka adds in, also coming in to kiss my cheek. "We'll beat his ass."

I laughed, "Don't think that'll be necessary, but thanks, guys."

Fai squeezed his way through, he took my hand and gave it a squeeze. "Just know that we're all here for you, baby doll. Kiwi is going to have many amazing uncles and aunts."

"Kiwi?" I ask out loud, furrowing my eyebrows and looking up at the sweet boy. "Why kiwi?"

"Because you've been eating kiwis none stop." He states, shrugging with a blush in his face. "Haven't you noticed?"

"I have." Luka nods, "We shall name him or her, kiwi!"

My bathroom erupted in laughter, their hands taking turns to rub my small, barely there bump. Before they left, Daniel pointed at me with a serious look. "Make him sit in the living room. We love you."

They left at that and I was left with the new nickname; Kiwi.

Snapping out of my gaze, I continued to do my makeup, trying to look more alive than dead. I was still waiting for the glow.

Just as I was coming down the stairs, there was a knock at the door, my heart stopping and my bladder suddenly wanting to burst.

Squeezing my thighs, I groan to myself and jogged the best I could to the door. This was it, I was going to see my baby daddy. Opening it, there he was.

"Hello," He says smoothly, his smile almost blinding me and melting me at the same time. If I could, I would stand here and just stare at him all night and morning and day long, but I had to pee. "Arabella."

"Hi, Zayn." Just like a mouse, I squeak out. Standing back, I let him through and remembered that I needed to relieve the pressure his baby was causing me. "Sorry, could you excuse me? I need to use the bathroom."

His small chuckle almost made me want to jump on him, but luckily I didn't. "Of course."

Running off, I peed as fast as I could. I washed my hands and fixed myself, really wanting to give a good impression.

"Sorry." I say, walking back in the living room and seeing him texting away. He looked up, smiling again and putting his phone away before standing up. "Do you want anything to drink? The food is ready by the way."

Leading him to the dining room next to my kitchen, he told me his drink. "I'll just have some water."

Going to the kitchen, I grabbed the plates and took them to the table. Grabbing two glasses and the water pitcher, I head back and set them down, taking a seat in front of him.

"So, tell me about yourself, Zayn." I say, beginning to cut the chicken breast. "What are you in charge of?"

He shifted a little in his seat, "I'm in charge of the money. What goes in and out."

"Really?" I ask, perking up in my seat. A part of me was excited that he dealt with financials, it was what I was being trained to do. "Me too! Well, I will be doing that in two years."

"You sound excited." He chuckles, continuing to eat his chicken and looking at me whenever he popped a piece. "Will you be sharing it with someone?"

"If I get marry, yeah." I try to joke out, we sat in silence for another minute. It was killing me, but I knew better than to burst out. "Thank you for coming here."

He gave me a confused look, "What?"

"Thank you for showing up." I say, trying to be a bit more clear. "I appreciate that you took your time to come here."

His confused stare broke into a shy one, his face got hints of pink. "It's the least I could do. I mean, I just walked out on you-"

"That's what one night stands are." I say back, trying not to show my hurt. It really pained me to hear him say that; he walked out on me. "Right?"

"Arabella," He sighed, sipping on his water while containing intense eye contact. Licking his lips, I almost fell into a trance. "I was hoping you wouldn't be a one night."

-