Chapter 7

The doorbell rang unexpectedly ...
Kate, honey, did you invite anyone over? Rick asked as he walked toward the door. No, I'm not expecting anyone, she exclaimed from the kitchen. Strange, Rick muttered and went to open the door, to see who it might be.

There was no more and no less a blond woman Rick knew well at the door
Gina? He asked confused. What are you doing here?

Oh, Ricky, is that a way to say hello to the woman you were married to? She asked, waving her hair.

Ex-wife, Rick corrected her immediately. Just get to the point, I don't want to listen to those stories of yours, Rick said seriously, a little annoyed.

Hey, who's at the door? Kate asked as she approached the door.

Oh, I guess that must be that fascinating wife of yours, Gina remarked sarcastically when she saw Kate.

Firstly, she has her name and you won't call her that, Kate, her name is Kate. And secondly yes this is my beautiful wife, do you have any problems with that, Rick said sharply.

Please, beautiful? Gina repeated rudely in disbelief. This is wonderful for you, she scoffed and pointed at Kate, who was wearing one of Rick's T-shirts, baggy pants and her hair was tangled in a ponytail. I really can't believe, Richard that you traded me for her, Gina said indignantly.

That's enough, Gina! Rick was already yelling, that it never occurred to you to insult Kate again, do you understand that ?! He asked angrily. Either say what you need or get out of the apartment, Rick pointed toward the hallway.
Okay, okay, I'm not going to touch that woman of yours anymore, if I can call her that at all, Gina said rudely.

I'll let you two discuss this, Kate said softly as Rick noticed her eyes began to moist and she getting upset. Kate! He called to her, but she had already entered the room. See what you did ?! Rick turned to Gina as anger radiated from his blue eyes. Kate was sitting in the room, but she heard their conversation. Oh, come on Ricky let her go and come back to me, Gina persuaded him. You always had more publicity with me, she didn't give up. True, Rick agreed. As tears streamed down Kate's cheeks, she listened to their conversation. And you know why? Rick went on, because you were always doing scenes and we were always arguing, for you it’s all about money! He didn't lower his voice. Come on, please tell me what's she have better than me? Gina asked proudly. Kate is most remarkable, maddening, challeing and frustrating person I have ever met ... Rick started and she love me for me, not for my money and fame, like you! he said angrily. Ugh, good, good, enough of that sweetness, just call me when you get bored with her and it will be soon, I’m sure. Gina said confidently. Rick was now furious, clenching his fist tightly, to control himself, not to react violently. Anyway, Gina continued, your publisher called me and asked me to take his place because he said you don’t answer or come to meetings at all, so you need someone to tame you a little bit, and I’m perfect for that, she said with a smile. Wait, wait! No one told me anything, Rick asked, confused but still angry. Ah, I'm sorry Ricky, choose either me or the incompetent Greg.

And Rick himself knew that if he took Greg for a publisher, it would be nothing but a real disaster.
Well, he finally reluctantly agreed to Gina's suggestion. Great, she exclaimed. And now please go Rick said in a sharp voice. Are you sure you don't want me to stay? Gina asked as she flirted, twirling her hair around her finger. But instead of answering, Rick just closed the door on her.

_______________________________________

Kate, he called to her gently as he entered the room. She sat on the bed and sobbed. Rick slowly approached the bed and sat down next to her. I know you think I'm ugly and fat too, she said through her tears.
Hey, look at me, he said and with a finger under her jaw gently lifted her head. Her wounded and teary eyes looked at him. That I never heard you say such thing again, he said softly. You are beautiful Kate, beautiful. You are beautiful here, here, here ... He started kissing her on the nose, cheeks, eyes with small kisses ... Until he kissed her whole face and made her gigle.

And that beautiful smile of yours. Let's eat some ice cream, to cheer up the love of my life, he said gently and took her hand in his...

Ugh... Just classic Gina🙄

Hope you like it❤️!

TOUGHTS??

Part 8 soon💜!