Chapter 26

*25 weeks pregnant*

Few weeks after returning home

CASTLE'S POV

Bip... Bip... Bip... Damn, Kate, answer the phone! It was already 9:30 in the evening, Kate hadn't come home yet, and I had called her for the third time, but she wasn't answering.

I couldn't wait any longer, I'm going to the precinct...

What if ... What if something happened? It bothered my thoughts on the way to the precinct. They would report, they would report, if something happened, I comforted myself, but I couldn't calm down.

At the precinct

Hey, Castle, Espo and Ryan greeted him and tried to sound calm, but Castle saw that something was wrong.

Where's Kate? Rick asked as his heart pounded like crazy.

Hey, listen, Espo put his hand on Rick's shoulder, maybe it would be best to sit down and calm down a bit first, he suggested quietly, I can bring you a glass of water ...

Tell me what's going on! Where is Kate ?? Castle's voice was already trembling.

She's ... She's ... Ryan and Espo started uncertainly together

She is what ??? Rick was already all flustered and worried. Don't do this to me! Just tell me where she is, he said softly, in a half-sobbing voice.

...With Lanie, but ... Ryan started, but didn't get to finish because Castle had already run in the direction of the morgue.

K-Ka-Kate! , Rick barely uttered a word when he opened the morgue door and saw Kate with tears in her eyes and Lanie comforting her, but she was visibly shaken too.

He-hey, he approached them not knowing if to be happy Kate was there, or sad because he didn't know the reason for her tears.

Kate, can you tell me what's going on? He asked worriedly.

It's nothing, Castle! She said frustrated, got up and headed for the exit ...

Hey, Rick took her hand ... Don't Castle, she said still through tears and tried to get her hand out of his ...

But he pulled her to him and hugged her tightly, tightly.

When Kate's head touched his chest, tears began to roll even more across her already crying face, she cried as she pushed her head into his chest.

Shh, Shh, I'm here, Castle comforted her and drew her even closer.

After Kate calmed down a bit, she pulled away from Rick's embrace.

Is it about ... Rick asked, but he didn't have the strength to finish, so he just looked at Kate's stomach.

No, Kate said softly and saw a dose of relief in Rick's eyes.

Okay, Kate, whatever it is we'll work it out together, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, he said quietly and took her hands in his, Kate just nodded slightly.

Let's go home, you'll tell me what happened, I'll listen to you and we'll work it out together, as always, he continued quietly and extended his hand to Kate.

She took his hand, tears began to well up in her eyes again, Rick noticed, and he squeezed her hand. Everything will be okay, everything will be okay, he comforted her.

At the loft

Then? Rick asked gently and pulled her to him as they sat down on the couch.

It's ... It's about the case, Kate said quietly. Okay, what about the case, Rick asked in a still low voice. Ma ... maybe it's not so much, I'm a little too sensitive because of hormones, maybe it's not so much ... it's nothing, she said a little uncertainly. Kate, Rick looked her in the eyes, if it's important to you, then it's important to me too, come on, tell me

Our victim was a gang member, but he came to his senses and decided to leave the gang, look for a normal job and go on the right path. But the gang did not allow him to go out, they threatened him that he would repent terribly if he did. He still decided to leave the gang and that is why he was killed. But his family was also killed by the gang. He had a son ... Castle, that boy was only five years old and now he's gone, and why? Because the gang members decided so, Castle it was a little, innocent child...Kate shared what was bothering her

What kind of world am I going to bring this baby to, Rick? Kate asked, squeezing closer to Rick

I know that the world is not full of rainbow colors and that not everything is as beautiful and best as in a fairy tale, but, Kate, I promise you that I will try to make this world as good and beautiful as possible for our baby, for you, for us... He said gently and kissed Kate's head while she was still squatting in his arms.

I know, I know... It's... But I kinda have writer block and lot of school work but I hope you like this book of mine...

Part 27 soon💚!