Chapter 16

KATE'S POV

Castle! I'm literally standing next to you in the elevator, you don't have to text me.
Just look at your cell phone, he said with a smile. Oh, what are you up to now? I asked with a smile as we exited the elevator and entered the precinct.

2moro? I asked him after reading the message. Yes! It's really cool, isn't it? Abbreviation for "tomorrow". He was still fascinated by modern abbreviations.

Rick, that "tomorrow" is your thing, our thing, I'm used to you telling me "until tomorrow." I don’t want to replace it with some acronym, it’s something of ours, our word, just like “always,” I said a little disappointed.

Then it will always be tomorrow, and it will never change or diminish meaning, just like my love for you, he said and gently pulled me into a kiss.

Gates will see, I whispered. I don’t see anyone here except one beautiful extraordinary woman in front of me, he said with a smile and went for another kiss.

Good morning, Detective Beckett, it's a good morning, isn't it? Gates asked jokingly with a smile as she walked out of the office and saw me and  "Mr. there is no one here" in a kiss.

Good morning, sir, I said with a shy smile. Mr. Castle, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you, so you don't steal my best detective, maybe I could put you in jail for charming police officers, Captain Gates joked.

If loving this woman is a crime then I am guilty as charged, he said with a big smile and pulled me to him.

Ah, writers, writers, they always know how to put words together, Gates said with a smile.

You may be good with words, but you should check your eyesight "Mr. No one will see us" , I joked, when Gates left.

Okay, okay, I’ll try to control myself and not kiss my beautiful wife all afternoon, but don’t challenge me, he said with a smile.

You mean like this? I asked and let  my hair down from the tail to flutter around and walked seductively towards my desk.

Kate! You're playing with fire, he said and approached my desk. Um, the fire is a little too hot for me, maybe I prefer to play with ice, I teased him and ran my hand through his hair.

For God's sake, how do I control myself now ?! He asked and adjusted his jacket and sat down in his chair. No, Rick, focus! Focus! he repeated to himself in his chin. Ah, men ... I sighed.

What about men? Ryan and Espo asked when they brought yesterday’s case reports to my desk. Ask him, I pointed at Rick with a smile. Then ... we started talking about the case. What do you think? I asked Rick as I put the information on the murder board. His eyes were focused on me.
I walked over to him and whispered in his ear "Babe, you’re focused, just on the wrong thing, we’re talking about murder, so eyes up, cowboy. "

I ... Yes ... Murder ... Victim ... I'm here .... What do we have, he murmured and composed the sentence in confusion.

Castle! I rolled my eyes. The last 10 minutes we talked about the murder, should I even ask you what you were looking at...

... You, I was looking at you because ... Um Ryan, you remember that older gentleman we were supposed to take a statement from? Espo gave him the sign that it was time to leave and finally once in a lifetime not interrupt the moment. What kind of gentleman? We have no one to question, Ryan was confused. We have, we have, come on, said Espo and pulled him with him towards their tables.

Come on, at least you admitted it, so you're half forgiven, I turned to Rick

No, Kate, I watched you because I admired how beautifully  pregnancy suit you, I admired how I won over such a beautiful woman to be mine and become the mother of my child.

And then they say that writers are not romantic ... This one of mine is romantic and very, very romantic I said with a smile. Just for you, my dear, he replied with a smile.

I want to kiss you so badly, now, but you know I can't because everyone is here, I said and looked around the precinct.

Can I at least get a hug? He asked with a puppy look. And a hug will work, I said with a smile, and he pulled me to him.

Hey, we have an appointment with Dr. Rodriguez tomorrow, haven't you forgotten? I asked him as we parted from the embrace. How could I forget, of course I didn’t, I can’t wait to see our little Thumper again, he said gently. Me too, I agreed as we merged into another warm hug. I always felt so safe in his arms, I didn't want him to ever let me out of his arms...

_______________________________________

We solved the case and we were all slowly getting ready to leave home. Yo! Espo called us. You know how the Easter holidays are getting closer? He asked, we nodded. Well Lanie and I were thinking of going on the roadtrip so I thought if you people want to come with us. Me, Lanie, Castle, you, Ryan and Jenny, what do you say? Sounds great, I'll ask Jenny, but I think we'll go with you, Ryan agreed right away. You two? Espo turned to us. We have an ultrasound tomorrow, we'll ask the doctor if Kate should go and if she says yes, be sure to count us, Rick said cheerfully. Great, then we'll make deal tomorrow, Espo agreed cheerfully. Night, Ryan and Espo said, night, guys, I greeted them. Until tomorrow, Rick had greeted everyone.

_______________________________________

Then about that ice game of yours? Rick asked with a mischievous smile as we walked toward the car.

I may show you when we get home, but you have to be fast so the ice doesn't melt, you know? I teased him.

Oh, trust me, Mrs. Castle, I'm faster than a racing bird when I need to be, he said with a seductive smile and stepped on the accelerator.
Lately he has been driving because I was uncomfortable with a pregnant belly and he was more than happy to get a new duty.

Hope you like this one!!

Please comment&vote it would mean a lot to me🥺💗

Stay safe! Ly all!

Chapter 17 soon!