Chapter 25

KATE'S POV

Today was the last day of our tour of Italy, yesterday we visited the tower in Pisa, and today we decided to go to the amusement park for the last day, you don't have to wonder twice whose idea that was...

Rick it's just an amusement park, you don't have to act like a nine-year-old on a candy rush.

It's everything but just an amusement park! It is a place where your wishes come true, where you are in the world of dreams and where you get the greatest sugar wool ever! He spoke admiringly as he fantasized about it.

Okay, okay, I’m giving up, I laughed. At least we'll be able to take a child ticket for you and save because you're a real kid sometimes, I joked.

_______________________________________

This is the realization of my dreams! Rick shouted enthusiastically as we arrived and he watched the amusement park as a three-year-old who came to the playroom.

Kate! Let's go to the carousel, he invited me. Just you go, you have permission, I'll be here with the girls. Okay, I love you! He exclaimed and ran towards the carousel.
I just laughed and rolled my eyes at his childish nonsense.
I just think he's funny and cute when he asks you for permission like that, Lanie remarked with a smile.
And don’t worry he’s not the only one, Lanie and Jenny added with a smile and pointed at Espo and Ryan, the two of them throwing huge spongy balls. It seems that all the male behave childishly, when they come to the amusement park, we concluded and continued to watch our "little boys" with a smile.

_______________________________________

Whoo! Best day ever! The playful trio returned to our table.

We choose the next activity! We said.
Let's go karting! Lanie, me and Jenny quickly agreed.

The boys didn't really like the idea but they agreed.

Lanie, me and Jenny took the wheel and had fun while the gentlemens just sat next to us and held on tight. The color of their faces changed from second to second. Wooo! This is awesome! Me, Lanie and Jenny yelled as we raced.
Mhm, it will be better when we get to solid ground, Rick commented, and I’m pretty sure Espo and Ryan shared the same opinion with him. Look at this from a brighter side, babe! At least you’ll have some anecdotes you’ll be able to retell to Thumper, I said with a smile. Mhm, he didn’t share the excitement with me, once me and your mom were on a go-kart, she, Aunt Jenny and Aunt Lanie had a great time, and I, Uncle Espo and Uncle Ryan barely survived, he finished the story while he, Ryan and Espo came to their senses after the ride was over.

Well come on it wasn't that bad, softers! We teased them.

It’s great now that it’s over, they agreed in one voice.

And you are one for the amusement park, pf, and you can't stand ordinary karting, we joked.

It's certainly NOT JUST karting, it was ... They started to dramatize and justify themselves.

We’ll figure out how you can repay us for this behavior of yours, we laughed and said.

Hey, Rick came to me, I’m going to make this to you in so many ways, he said with a smile and accepted the game the girls and I started.

I'll do anything, and you know when I mean anything , I really mean anything, he whispered seductively.

Great, then let's go for another ride! I sensed him. Everything but that, anything else, he corrected himself. Anything? I asked and raised an eyebrow. Whatever, whatever you want, I will do, he said with a charming smile. I'll think of something, kitten, I replied with a smile and went to Jenny and Lanie.

Oh, you'll see I'm more of a tiger than a kitten, he retorted. I turned around, but for now you’re kitten until you prove otherwise, I winked and kept walking.

_______________________________________

After the amusement park, we had lunch at a restaurant, packed our things, returned the camper and took a taxi to the airport so we could get home late in the afternoon or evening.
From this journey we go richer for the countless memories and wonderful time we spent together.

At the airport

We immediately boarded the plane and went into the air ... As usual, I fell asleep on Rick's shoulder as always when it comes to flights....

Ciao Italia!

New York Airport

When we arrived, we saw something sweetest in the world, Sarah Grace and Nicolas Javier standing in the middle of the airport with a big sign saying “Mommy & Daddy welcome home” behind them stood their grandparents.

It was so nice to see the Ryan family reunion. As I watched Sarah Grace and Nicolas Javier happily wrap their arms around their parents ’necks, I began to think about our Thumper and how we will do the same when Rick returns from book tour...

Hey, Rick called me gently, what are you thinking?

About how Thumper and I will greet you the same way when you return from the book tour

I said with a smile and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I doubt I’ll even be able to go somewhere and separate from the two of you, he retorted with an even bigger smile and looked down at my belly.

_______________________________________

The newlyweds were the first to go home, we, Jenny and Ryan left a little later, we said goodbye while Ryan was holding Sarah Grace in his arms and Nicolas Javier was in Jenny’s arms.

See you at the precinct tomorrow.
See you, enjoy, ”Ryan replied with a smile.

And now the direction of Casa de Castle and we have the whole evening to ourselves, Rick established with a smile.

Oh, yes, yes, I have some plans for you, I replied with a smile.

I like how it sounds, what exactly are the plans? Rick asked in a seductive tone.

Unpacking the suitcase, Castle, unpacking the suitcase! I said with a smile and let him know what his evening would look like.

I don't really like the way it sounds anymore, he announced, not very happy.

Come on, you know I'll help you, I said and slapped him lightly on the arm as we walked, how does that sound to you?

Better, he agreed.

I know it's not something, but I really didn't know what else to write so if you have any suggestions for next chapters let me know in comments!! 💚 Thank you!

They are back at New York 🗽
Hope you like that roadtrip part of the story... 🚘

Part 26 soon💛!