Chapter 43

Xxx

"I want you to meet our daughter, Alyssa Christine Castle!"

He said and his gaze fell on the source of his infinite happiness, his newborn daughter, who had just yawned slightly and fell asleep in her father's arms...

Xxx

"She's beautiful"

Everyone gathered around Rick and watched in fascination the new member of the family, Rick's and Kate's daughter who sleeps carefree in safe touch of her father and has no idea what is happening around her and what joy she brought with her birth.

"Can I?"

Martha was the first to express a desire to hold her granddaughter in her arms.

When Rick's hands were free Espo and Ryan pulled him into one big hug

"Come here, daddy!"

They patted him on the back, Castle had always been dear to them, their brother in arms, but when they first met him they were restrained because they knew what Kate had been through and they knew she didn't need another passing relationship, them two, Espo and Ryan will do everything in their power to protect Kate, but now just like Kate they can't imagine their life without their favorite writer, a writer who has just become father, who puts a smile on Kate's face every day... Writer and his muse because of which now everyone has the biggest smile on their faces.

"She has your nose, Richard"

Martha cheerfully remarked and now it was Alexis' turn to get her younger sister into her arms for the first time

"Yes, she has, and the most beautiful eyes, just like Kate's."

The proud father smiled, his blue eyes shine like the brightest star. He became a father. He and Kate have become parents, their little girl is here! There is a lot to process, a lot of emotions, just a few hours ago they were sitting on the couch and choosing a movie to watch, and now he is a dad, and Kate is a mom, he is still in a trance of all emotions but one thing he knows for sure:
THERE IS NO HAPPIER MAN IN THE WORLD THAN HIM!

"Rick, is it okay if I try to hold her?"

Rick noticed Jim's hand waving in front of his eyes, Rick's thoughts wandered imagining the future with the love of his life and their newborn daughter.

"Sure! , what kind of question is that, Jim? Of course you can hold her."

Soon little Alyssa from Espo's hands passed into her grandfather's arms ... Jim watched and couldn't help but marvel at Kate's first child, his granddaughter, he would give everything if Johanna were here now, that she could experience this indescribable feeling, that she could receive her granddaughter in her arms ... But Jim knows that she's watching them all now. She must be smiling with the same smile his Katie has, she inherited it from her mother.
No one could separate from the newborn member so everyone got another round of holding little Alyssa in their arms.

"Little miss Castle decided she had had enough"

Lanie approached Rick and with a smile handed him his daughter who was already beginning to protest slightly and fidget in her arms.
When she was placed in her father's arms again, baby Alyssa squish contentedly and fell asleep again, this time holding her father's finger with her little hand, letting the others know that she no longer want to be separated from the warmth of Rick's touch.

"Daddy loves you!"

Rick whispered softly to his daughter as he turned and began to head back in the direction of the delivery room where the nurses had washed and cleaned Kate after giving birth.