Chapter 14

*17 weeks pregnant*

No!No! Don't go there !!! Rick shouted dramatically as he watched television.

He grabbed the pillow, his face pale

Babe, I told you no horror movies, if you can't stand them, Kate tossed as she laughed and watched him hide behind the pillow.

He didn't hear her, he continued to follow the horror in a frightened but focused way.

Rick, she said, placing a hand lightly on his shoulder. Ahhh! He jumped off the couch in fright.
God, you're so easy! Kate laughed.

I just didn't expect it, Rick began to excuse himself

Mhm, because our house is full of haunted creatures and characters from horrors otherwise, Kate joked and couldn't stop laughing.

You might like to go explore, he said with a smile. I heard there are always the most of them in the bedroom, he whispered.

That's how you're going to win me over, after you screamed like a scared little girl a minute ago, Kate laughed.

Okay! He said offended. Kate knew this was one of those times when Rick is offended as a little kid, like when she beat him at Scramble.

Come on, I was kidding, we're not going through this again, come on, Kate said

I think I need to be alone, he concluded, took a glass of wine and went to the couch.

Oh, Rick, Kate sighed, but she couldn't help but laugh at his offended childish behavior.

_______________________________________

KATE'S POV

Suddenly a bell rang.
Hey Lanie, I greeted my friend cheerfully when I saw her in the doorway. Hey, girl! She hugged me tightly. I was passing by so I decided to stop by to see how my favorite parents-to-be doing.

So how is my nephew / niece? She asked cheerfully, looking at my belly. Oh, great, he/she hasn't started kicking mommy yet, so great.

Oh, you have to tell me everything, she said excitedly and entered the apartment.
Hey Castle! She greeted Rick who was still sitting on the couch. He didn't answer, just nodded slightly. Lanie gave me a confused look. Ah, let him, hurt male pride, I said and laughed.

You know how he gets offended as a little kid, I told her and showed no need to worry. Ah, men and their pride, Lanie laughed. We started talking about women’s things and what’s new. In a few minutes Rick got up and went to the office. Maybe you should talk to him after all, Lanie suggested.
He will come, when he passes it, he is like that when I beat him in a game too.
I know him.

It’s not that I don’t care about him but I just know it will pass him by its own.

Okay, if you say so, you know him best, he's your husband after all. Lanie agreed, but tell me what's new  in pregnant life.
We laughed, talked, joked for a long time...

_______________________________________

Ah, it's already 11 p.m., Lanie said looking at her watch, I should go slowly, she said and got up slightly. I escorted her to the door, see you tomorrow, I said, see you, she confirmed cheerfully, we hugged once more before she left.

Hey, I'm going to bed, you? I asked Rick standing in the doorway of his office.

Okay, he said and shrugged, still offended.

Rick, I walked into his office. You know I was just kidding, I didn't really mean it, you don't have to be so offended, I tried to fix his mood.

You don’t need to excuse yourself Kate, maybe I’m really too scared for some things, maybe I’m not acting like a real man about some things, he started kind of sad, holding his laptop in his lap and looking at a blank page, where there should be a new chapter.

I moved his laptop and sat on his lap. Hey, you know I never had the slightest suspicion of your manhood, I whispered in his ear.

You didn't? He asked and a smile spread across his face.

Of course not, silly, what I said today, I was just kidding, you know that, you're a man and a half, my man.

He was now smiling proudly.
That male hurt pride of yours, it's a tricky thing, huh? I asked him with a smile and pressed my lips to his.

Now get to bed, because who will protect me tonight, I said with a smile.

I will be your bodyguard and I will protect you, forever, he said with a smile and together we headed for the bedroom.

Ah, Castle, Castle and his hurt male pride... 😂😂💙

Hope you like it!

TOUGHTS??

Part 15 soon💚!