Chapter 24

CASTLE'S POV

A few days have passed since our sea adventure. Our journey was coming to an end. We have three days left before we return home. The previous days we enjoyed sightseeing Turin and northern Italy. Our little Thumper kept telling us he/she is there too, and Lanie and Espo enjoy their engagement life. But today we decided on another water-related adventure, a gondola ride through the famous canals of Venice.

Miraculously, I woke up today before Kate, no one was awake yet...

KATE'S POV

I woke up to the feeling of soft lips on mine...

Good morning, Rick whispered softly. How did you sleep? He asked gently.
Great, I have to say I like this way of waking up, you could practice it more often, I concluded with a smile.

Your wish, my command, madam, he said with a smile and went for another kiss.

How about one breakfast before we leave, just the two of us, no one has woken up yet, he asked with a smile and raised his eyebrows.

Sounds great! I said and got out of bed. Hey, I turned to Rick, and his hands lifted me in bridal style. You really like carring me, huh? I asked laughing as we walked towards the bar.
I adore it, because then you are even closer to me, he said cheerfully and looked me in the eyes.
And then people say that people get bored with each other when they are married, and look at us, every day you make a little things that surprises me anew...
I promise you we will never ever be bored, he said and kissed my nose, which made me giggle.

I love you, Kate, he said sweetly and kissed me as we entered the kitchen.
And I love you even more, I said and kissed him again.
No way, I love you the most, he continued, in a loving and sweet voice.
I love you, I started — I love you both the most, you two are so adorable! We heard Lanie's voice.

Oh, hey, Lanie and you're awake, Rick asked awkwardly. Oh, just continue with your love sessions, as if I'm not there, she joked and covered her eyes with her hands, I'll even cover my eyes to give husband and wife a little privacy, she said, laughing.

Lanie, no need, I said through a laugh, we can last a few minutes without each other, I joked.

I wouldn't really say, girl, see Castle holding you like he'd never give you to anyone, she joked as she watched Rick still hold me in his arms.

And I wouldn’t give her to anyone, she’s just mine! He said sweetly and squeezed me even closer to him.
I looked at him and smiled. You know, I get really selfish when I have to share you with someone, he said and gave me a warm look back.

I wouldn't give you to anyone either, you know that, I said gently.
I am yours, forever, and that will not change until you tell me otherwise, he said.
Then let it never change, I retorted and smiled broadly as I looked straight into his ocean blue eyes.

Hey, what's going on? The rest of our "band" woke up and asked in a sleepy voice.

Oh, nothing, just Casketting around, Lanie tossed, with a smile, and looked at me and Rick.

Oh..interesting, all four of them gave us their looks.

You know all four of you should be professional distractors of the moment, Rick remarked a little disappointed, but he was still joking and we all had a good laugh together.

Well, you know we're going on a gondola ride today, me, Lanie, one gondola, you and Kate, the other, and Jenny and Ryan the third, so show your love there, no one will disturb you. Espo joked. Unless you slip and fall into the water, Ryan and Espo added in sync and started laughing to tears, and others along with them.
I'm not going to fall into the water because... Rick started explaining...

And maybe I'll push you if you will talk too much, Kate interrupted and laughed.

Castle stopped talking immediately. Okay, for now you stay on the gondola, Kate joked and patted him on the shoulder.

Rick leaned down to Kate's belly, you see, little one how everyone is against your dad, Rick started to complain, and Kate just laughed and shook her head. But you're on my side, I know that, he said and put his hand on Kate's stomach ... At that moment he felt a small blow. His face lit up. I knew you and I are a team. We always will be, he said and kissed Kate’s belly gently. Always, he repeated.

Always, Kate retaliated.

Of course you're on our team, too, he whispered with a smile. What would I do without you? Rick asked as he straightened up. You’d probably be on some book tour, or something, Kate tried to answer. Blow it! , this, this here is a real treasure, this that I share the most beautiful moments of life with an extraordinary woman like you, Rick said gently and took her hand in his.

_______________________________________

KATE'S POV

Later, when everyone got dressed and ready, we left for Venice, we got there pretty quickly...
Okay, here we are! The boys stated as we stood on a wooden pier where the gondolas were tied up.

Ciao, giro in gondola? A kind gentleman in a sailor striped T-shirt asked us.

Si, we answered in the affirmative and boarded the gondola so ride began...

The man who rowed began to sing a romantic song, as was the custom when the couple rode the canals of Venice.

I rested my head on Rick's shoulder and enjoyed the view.

You like it? Rick asked and kissed my head. It’s beautiful, I said, and when I’m with you it’s even nicer, I added I squeezed closer to him.

It’s so nice to have someone in your life who’s always there for you, no matter what, with whom you can dive into life, who you know will never let go of your hand. Kate thought dreamily, she knew she had found such person because Rick was right next to her.

So I think it's great to end chapter right here! Maybe I should have continue but I think this is perfect ending! ❤️

Just the end of the chapter, not the whole book, don’t worry, you won’t get rid of me so easily😂😂, there’s still a lot more in this book. If you are interested and like my books keep reading.

Comment&Vote please 💗!

Part 25 soon💚!