Chapter 27

*26 weeks pregnant*

Okay, what exactly is this supposed to be? Kate asked laughing and looking at Rick in a sports outfit. He was wearing a gray sports shirt and black shorts.

I’m going for a run, he said as he stretched and prepared. Where did that come from? Kate asked, giving him a suspicious look.

Well...future dad-to-be needs to be in shape, he said and smiled.

Kate got up from the couch and came to him, I think you're already in great shape, you know? She whispered in his ear.

Hm, really? He looked into her green-brown eyes. Really, she confirmed and kissed him gently.

He kissed her back, took a bottle of water, Maybe I could do even better, he tossed and closed the door.

But in just a few seconds the door opened again ... Just to remind you how much I love you, he said sweetly and declared his love for her.

_______________________________________

It was a Saturday morning and there weren’t a lot of people, Rick put on his AirPods. Running home to you by Grant Gustin started playing...

Of course he would always run home to his beautiful Kate, he thought as he ran through Manhattan Park. Every time he thought of Kate, he would run ten times faster, she is his motivation in everything, she pushes him in life, she is his everything. Really all songs make sense when you’re in love, he found out happily and kept running and thinking about what else than Kate and their future together. Every second only Kate was on his mind, not even if he wanted  he couldn't stop thinking about her. He loves that woman so much that it is indescribable, all his love for her would not fit into the world's greatest seas and oceans. Kate, his Kate, she is the woman of his life, one, only, always and forever.

1 and a half our later

Oh, hey, runner! Kate teased him as he entered the apartment. Hey, he greeted her a little out of breath.
Kate approached him and gently brushed his hair from his forehead. Was it a good run? She asked and put her hand on his chest, his shirt was sweaty, so his chest stood out even more.
It was great, he replied happily. I see, your heart is beating like crazy, she smiled.
Oh, trust me, running is not the reason for that, there is one beautiful woman that makes my heart beat wild every day.
Come on, Rick, you'll spoil me with all those compliments, she smiled sweetly.

I will! He smiled and pinched her cheeks.
She kissed him, then again ... She never got tired of feeling his soft lips on hers and she never would, she would kiss him every second.

Mhm, do I smell  breakfast? he asked and approached the table.

Hhm, Rick, Kate cleared her throat.
Yes, my only one? He turned.
I love you, but you won't eat like this sweaty, go change, and you could take a shower, she said. But...He started... When you take a shower you'll get another kiss, and before she could finish Rick was already in the bathroom.

Here I am, clean and fragrant...He said after coming out of the bathroom freshly showered ... and ready for a kiss, he added, wrapped his arms around Kate and pulled her to him.

And breakfast is waiting for you, Kate said and pointed to the table.

_______________________________________

After breakfast, they had the whole day to themselves, it was the weekend and there were no new cases.
We can watch TV, some movie or something? Kate suggested, and Rick immediately agreed.
But when she turned on the television, she remembered that they would not be able to watch because today they change the television antennas all over the city, so there is no program.
Oh, yes, I forgot, nothing from television, she sighed.
You know, Kate, I don't need a television, I can watch you all day, Rick said happily and pulled her onto the couch next to him.

I will still be fascinated by you, I could watch you for years and I would never have had enough, he said as she lay on his lap.

One little cute chapter🥺. Hope you like it! I have a lot of school work to do so I can't update that fast, but I'll try as soon as possible.

Part 28 soon🤍!