Chapter 3

Michael's POV:

The metal doors blasted open as we barged into the building and I signalled 5 of my men to follow me. The other 5 would stay outside and I ushered the remaining to split up and go into different directions. Lucas was beside me.

The building was dimly lit with some of the lights flickering. Some of them weren't even on.

All you could hear were our slow and steady footsteps on the metal floor, almost like it would break any second. 

I was holding an M1 Garand and Lucas was holding an AK-47.

My body cautiously moved in front of the others as I tilted my head to the corner to see if the cost was clear It wasn't.

Fuck.

One of the men saw me and began shooting, the others following.

"Fanculo" (Fuck)

My men were shooting the others and one of them lay dead. My bullet pierced one right in the middle of his forehead and another in his chest.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a guy hiding behind a wall. He looked fairly young, around sixteen.

He was shaking while holding onto a rifle. I thought he would be useful to get information out of. So without hesitation, I shot him in the leg.

"You guys, follow me." I motioned to some of my men. I reached for my earpiece. "Lucas, stay down here and take care of this." 

He nodded and I proceeded going up the flight of stairs. The walls were stained with liquid and had graffiti over them. The stench of rot entered my nose and I covered it with a cloth. As we made our way up to the top, I told the others to carefully move forward.

I saw the door numbered 307 and kicked it open without wasting a fucking second.

My eyes widened as I took in what lay in front of me. 

The girl I knocked into the day before.

Anger, fury and rage burned through me when I saw her body. She was tied to a chair, lying unconscious with duct tape over her mouth and her hands tied behind her back on the chair. She had each of her legs firmly gripped to the legs of the chair too

She was drugged.

She was fucking drugged.

"Take the packages and put them in the car." I told the others before urgently walking up to her.

I began untying her hands and ripped the duct tape of her mouth. She immediately fell on me and I picked her up and barged out of the door.

I needed to get her safe.

***

Cora's POV:

*Before she was drugged*

We were at the resort now. The moon hung high and I was exhausted and tired. Shadows clung to the bottom of my eyes.

"Today was fucking amazing." Alyssa exhaled, falling back onto the bed. "Yeah, it was amazing when you washed up on shore." I laughed.

"Oh, shut up." she rolled her eyes smiling

"Smile bitches!" Lana's high pitched voice rung in my ears.

Lana and Kacy were taking pictures to post on their instagram.

"Come on Cora, smile. Don't be such a little fuck." She groaned in annoyance.

what the hell is her problem.

Kacy put on three push up bras and stuffed them with toilet paper as she leaned forward to take the pictures.

I swear to god how the fuck did I even become friends with them.

"Hey, Alyssa." I looked in her direction. "Mhm." her eyes were glued to her phone, probably texting her boyfriend.

"I just need to get my mind fresh, these bitches are getting on my nerves. I'm gonna go take a walk."

"Do you want me to come?" 

"No, I just need some time alone." I gave her a weak smile.

"All right, stay safe and don't get kidnapped. Call me if anything happens, okay?"

"Alright, I won't." I laugh.

---------------------------

I put on a sweatshirt before leaving because it was kinda chilly outside.

My feet were slow, walking down a wide rocky pathway. I could hear loud, club music from a distance and some of the lights were even on from the little shops.

As I continued walking, I occasionally felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned around but saw nothing.

I tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear and crossed my arms uncomfortably. My stomach rebelled my body and my limbs were starting to ache.

Something didn't feel right.

My ears perked at the sound of fast footsteps rushing towards me and my heart flew out of my chest. 

Without hesitation, I took out my phone and to click Alyssa's contact before turning around to see a bald man in a crisp black suit running towards me with a handkerchief in his hand. Let's call him Baldy.

He was probably there to drug me.

why the fuck does he want to drug me?

fuck. fuck. fuck.

No time for questions, Cora.

Run.

catch me if you can, baldy.

The wind pushed against my body and my legs were stinging with exhaustion as I desperately tried to successfully dial Alyssa's number.

She answered after the second ring.

"H-hey um, Alyssa. Im getting c-chased by a m-an who wants to drug m-me." I shouted, gasping for air.

"You what!" Where are you?!"

I slid behind the club, trying to keep quiet.

"Im hiding behind the club we saw walking home today."

"All right i'm coming, stay right there."

I could tell her throat was tight.

What the fuck is happening to me.

I brought myself to the corner, hugging my knees to my chest.

Footsteps were quietly approaching the back and that's when I saw a silhouette on the grey ground next to me growing larger.

I let out a small sob, trying to keep quiet. I don't even know what's happening.

Suddenly, Baldy grabs my arm and brings me closer to him and raises the handkerchief attempting to cover my nose.

Bite marks fill his arms as I hopelessly try to make an escape.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Alyssa running towards me, but she's too far away.

I kick and scream but he grabs my hair and forcefully tilts my head up.

"CORA!" She wails out, running with her hands in front of her, trying to reach me.

He puts the cloth over my nose and the musty stench quicky sumberges my lungs. I fall to the ground.

The last thing I remember was Alyssa's worried look, trying to get me safe.