Chapter 39

Okay, Cora. Today's the day you've been waiting for. You do it yourself... without Michael. 

Because he won't let you.

"Ugh." I pull my hair in frustration, leaving the job of tying my shoes behind. Michael said to meet him in the arena at 8:00 am. 

And it's currently 8:15 am.

Fine, I'll just have to accept this myself. The only reason I'm still doing trainings is so I can get the money back from Jack. Otherwise, I would've stopped them a long time ago. 

The 4 billion dollars that he put under my name for some reason. I also just want to prove to myself that I can do something interesting in my life for once. 

The continous chimes of my phone jolt me awake from my thoughts. 

Oops, it's Michael.

"15 laps around the yard now. Each minute adds one more." His raspy, morning voice speaks. I could fall asleep to it. 

I take my sweet ass time reaching the arena. No way in hell am I doing those laps.

What's he gonna do? Attach wings to me and make me fly around it. I roll my eyes.

"Go." He nods his head in the way I'm supposed to run. "Nope." I close my eyes, crossing my arms with satisfaction of him about to be annoyed.

"Why do I even bother." He rolls his eyes as he approaches closer to me and tosses me a pair of boxing gloves before putting some on himself. 

Im almost on my last second to tighten the strap and I feel a presence behind me. I turn around and my reflexes say it's best to duck, and I do just that barely missing Michael's punch. 

A small laugh sizzles through his teeth. "Damn, baby. Did I almost hurt you?" He cooes.

Oh, he's so gonna get this. 

I aggressively stretch my arms out and quickly run on the spot before loudly cracking my neck and sprinting towards him.

I let out a loud, yet therapeutic scream as I aim for his head, but he ducks and is fast to move behind me, taking my arm with his.

Sharp pain jolts through me as he holds it tight against my back. I squint my eyes, refusing to make a sound through my mouth to let him know I'm losing.

The hairs on my neck stand as I feel his cool breath on the side of my neck "Does it hurt, babydoll?" He darkly chuckles.

You know what, fuck you.

I bring my leg up and kich his leg, hard from behind, his grip loosening immediately as I look at the spot one last time before an ugly ass bruise sits on it. 

"Did that hurt?" I coo, offering him my arm but bringing it back as soon as he reaches for it. "It's a trick to act like the victim and pretend to get hurt." He smirks.

What?-

Before I even comprehend with my eyes about what's going on, he's up on his feet and I'm over his shoulder as he runs towards a beanbag.

"Michael!"

No. I'm not being that girl screaming for help. I bite his neck and a painful wheeze comes out of him, the grip around my legs loosening immsendly as we fall to the ground. 

His hand is pressed on the bite mark and a frown follows his face. "Who the fuck bites?!" 

"Gotta use what God gave ya." I flash him a genuine smile. 

"Oh..." My expressions become emotionless. "What?" A deep, long sigh escapes him.

"It's bleeding." 

He doesn't even look surprised. "Come, let's get you cleaned up." I try to smile to make up for it but cringe at myself. 

--------------------

"Okay, so this is isopropyl alcohol. It's gonna sting but-" 

"Kore, just fucking clean me up." His eyes graze over my body, making my face turn a light shade of pink. 

Not the mention the blood dripping down his neck looks hot. A smirk covers his face and I roll my eyes. 

 I turn around and scavenge through the cabinets looking for cotton pads. "Where are they?! Oh my god!" I give up.

"They're right here." I turn around and he looks into my eyes as he leans against the bathroom counter. 

I take a deep breath in. "Okay, let's do this."

The liquid bleeds through the cotton and touches my fingers as I dab it onto the pad before looking up at Michael who doesn't seem to be bothered by this as much as I am.

I blow onto the wound before applying the pad just to make sure it'll sting less, but it doesn't work. 

As soon as the pad touches the wound, his hands roughly wrap around my waist and I shiver to the touch. 

I press the pad down even harder, smirking and he shuts his eyes close and buries his face into the crook of my neck. "Fuck."

"Almost done." I exaggerate, applying more pressure and he seems to notice. "You fucking little tease."

"Okay, done." I remove the cloth and his body loosens and purposely drops all his weight on me. 

I step out of the way and a loud thud hits the ground. I laugh aloud, not looking at him and I get yanked down. "NOO!"

"I hate you." I muffle from under him. "You know you love me." I can feel his smirk. 

"Shut up."

--------------------

This is kind of a short chapter and they are going to get shorter from now on. This was like 950 words but I know some of them have been around 3000. 

Tuesday June 29, 2021 @2:48 pm

-Dhruvi Parmar